airbnb app error message

Answered!
Tiwana0
Level 3
Marlo, Australia

airbnb app error message

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with the airbnb app? I had it downloaded on my iphone 6 then one day it just decided to give me an error message and I can no longer log on. I have deleted and re downloaded app several times but it still gives me the same message saying something like can not find or connect to host server... This is strange given that all my other apps are working.

If anyone can help I'd appreicate it 🙂

Cheers, 

Tiwana 

1 Best Answer

I had the same issue. It only worked with wifi. Then I discovered it wasn't working with cellular data (3G/4G etc). Fixed it by going into settings/mobile data scroll down to find airbnb icon and use mobile data in the app (switch to green). Not sure why it was as switched off but it's working now so Easy fix!

View Best Answer in original post

130 Replies 130
Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I'm on iPhone 6 S often have to ring cs as I rely on the app I don't have a computer they admit there are glitches in the app and told me to log in through chrome they said app not safari friendly same on my iPad .cs agent used her iPhone to mirror what I did as my listing"disappeared " like so many of you she saw my listing. It's a major problem 

Mine too here in Austin Tx.

Chad20
Level 1
New York, United States

I had this issue too. I tried changing the password and logging in but still got errors. Also tried Facebook login and got errors too.

In the end I deleted the app and logged in using Facebook and it worked first time.

Same problem as above. Very frustrating for a digital nomad such as myself.

Wade4
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I have that problem anytime I log into the app using my username and password, but when I log into the app through Facebook everything works fine. Try logging in through alternative methods.
Justin44
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi
I am having a similar issue with the iOS app. For the last two weeks I launch the app and it almost immediately closes. Have there been any other similar cases? Any suggested fixes?
I have deleted and downloaded the app twice and am having the same launch issues.

It works - finally! - if you use Wifi...! (?) (iPhone 6)

Simon94
Level 1
Southampton, United Kingdom

I am having a similar problem on my iPhone, my wife's and my iPad. I have a message but when I go to open it, it just shuts the app down. I have just down loaded the update and no fix. Come on Airbnb sort it out.
Luisa77
Level 2
Sesto Fiorentino, Italy

Hello, here Europe.. I think the pb is worldwide... a double error messsage appears concerning the connection, then if I try to change the page it says "it could not fetch trips impossible to procede (PromiseKit.error Error 0)

someone was able finally to fix it??

thanks!

Luisa 

Tammy34
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

I keep getting a sign in error message. When I uninstall and reinstall I get "something went wrong with your request." I can't seem to log in on my android, but on my laptop, no problem. Shouldn't advertise the app if it's useless.

Monika53
Level 1
Hamamatsu, Japan

I am in Japan and having the same error message. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Luisa77@Tammy34 and @Monika53,

Welcome to the Community Center. I am not sure if you have seen, but there has recently been quite a few changes to the Airbnb App, therefore the tech team have been working on this area and this may have be a reason for the distruption you received. Would you mind checking if this problem has resolved yet? 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie

I have used the app for several months and ever since I had to change my password on my Facebook account I have not been able to get in the app ad a host. I can get on online but the app gives me errors that I don't have permission to access the resource. 

Luisa77
Level 2
Sesto Fiorentino, Italy

Hello,

I tried to unistall and re-install the app but still doesn't work. 😞

Does we need to look after a different app icon?

So, I am able to connect with my Iphone when:

-  there is wi-fi,

- through the web site without using the app..

have a nice day

Luisa

Same problem here in Hong Kong. Seems to work on wifi but not when using 3G/4G