can i get fully refund in strict cancellation policy

Tai438
Level 1
Semenyih, MY

can i get fully refund in strict cancellation policy

This is my confirmation code:**. I wish to get fully refund as my flight has been cancelled but this is in strict cancellation policy, and the host is willing to pay full refund. Therefore, can I know what should I do to get fully refund due to this issue? Much appreciate if there is some solution to guide me for fully refund. Thank you very much.

**[Reservation number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your host is very kind if they are agreeing to give you a full refund, when you are not entitled to one under the policy you booked under. @Tai438 

As the host has agreed this with you, I would ask them how they want to handle this.

Normally you would cancel and they would issue a voluntary refund (obviously less the Airbnb fee).

Is there any reason you wouldn't claim this on your travel insurance?  In this way you wouldn't leave the host out of pocket and could claim back the whole fee not just the host portion.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Tai438

You should know that you are asking your host to pay for your flight cancellation. You booked and blocked the dates so no one else could book. The host is not supposed to be the one who has to pay? I would personally never ask someone who I have made an agreement with to pay for my mistake. Sorry but I just don't understand why people assume that somebody else should pay. It is not airbnb that will be out of money but the host :-/. 

@Tai438 You agreed to the cancellation policy when you placed your booking. If you feel that your flight issues entitle you to your money back, you can make a claim on your travel insurance.

If you didn't get travel insurance and instead feel like you deserve to be able to breach your agreement and rip income out of your host's pocket, I'm afraid you won't find much sympathy here.