can't actually get help from Airbnb support

Jennifer2807
Level 2
Boston, MA

can't actually get help from Airbnb support

I've been at it for five weeks trying to get someone at Airbnb to help us get our listing back up to allow  for short term stays (anything less than 29 days) after being closed down. We are in Boston and there are regulations. We were closed down because 1. I had let our short-term rental registration with the city lapse for a month and 2. we needed a business certificate from the city. I got those items taken care of but it took countless phone calls and finally a "tweet" to get someone who finally knew enough to send me a link to a form entitled "Airbnb: Request Reactivation or Exemption for your listing"  where I could put the relevant license and registration numbers but there was a bug in the form. When I reported a bug in the final field (I should have put N/A as directed and appropriate for our listing but the field only accepts numeric characters) I was instructed to put one of our registration numbers there because they could think of no other solution. That was three weeks ago. No matter who I call, email or tweet I am told to be patient and  that we are a high priority. As if. Five weeks of attempting resolution and still nothing? I am losing out on my actual living. Has anyone ever had a similar experience that was actually resolved? I am beginning to think, honestly, that it never will be and that the days of using Airbnb are over. It is a shame. We have had the nicest guests and we've been five star superhosts since opening. What the hell can I do?

2 Replies 2
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jennifer2807 and sorry to see you've been having this experience. I've sent the details from your post to Customer Service and will update you via a Direct Message as soon as I have new information. 

Thank you 

Thanks, Nick. You can't imagine how many phone calls, emails, and messages I've already had trying to get this resolved. If you are able to connect me with someone who can actually do something helpful I would be very grateful.