Customer support are so frustrating

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Customer support are so frustrating

We have instant Book enabled as well as a requirement for 24 hours notice for a booking but we do allow booking requests within this 24 hour period.

Anyway a guest booked at 7pm to check in at 4pm the next day - something the system should have rejected. Luckily we were able to get the apartment ready BUT Airbnb support seem incapable of understanding why this is a problem and presumably even less capable of solving it.

Two operatives have tried to tell me that the system is working fine (it isn't) and eventually they just pass me on to someone else.

At the end of the day if they do not sort out the problem then we will be forced to cancel a guest if we don't have time to get ready which would be a shame just because Customer Support can't understand why there is a problem.

4 Replies 4
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Mike-And-Jane0 I'm afraid the system is working fine ... but only for Airbnb. 

24 hours do not mean 24 actual hours. It means a calendar day. 

So if you have a 24 advance notice set it means that one can book at 11:55 PM on Tuesday for Wednesday BUT NOT 12:05 AM on Wednesday for Wednesday. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Emilia42 Thanks for your answer but when I look in the help centre with respect to advance notice it says the following:

• Advance notice: To avoid last-minute surprise bookings, set how much notice you need before a guest arrives, and we’ll automatically block days on your calendar.
    • Same day (with cutoff time)
    • At least 1 day
    • At least 3 days
    • At least 7 days

So I am not sure you are right as 'at least 1 day' is clearly different from 'same day with cut off time'

Where is your info coming from?

@Mike-And-Jane0 

My info is coming from my experience over the last few years where this has happened a number of times. 

But also, if you look at the little illustration you can see that the date of "today" is blocked out but a guest can still book tomorrow until that date becomes "today." So a guest can book for tomorrow up until 11:59 pm. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 8.48.16 AM.png

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I've had to ask Airbnb to cancel at least 20 sets of guests who they allowed to book on dates blocked in my calendar. Has been going on for last three years and they are well aware of this glitch @Mike-And-Jane0