help in dealing with airbnb?

Kadek-Ayu0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

help in dealing with airbnb?

Hi everyone - Superhost of 8 or so years.  Strict cancellation policy.  On 21 March 2022 a  30 Days booking guest due on 2 April (booked in early March) was cancelled by Airbnb with no consultation or message to us. The Booking said "Cancelled by Airbnb" and the guest paid $0 and we would get $0.  We reached out to Airbnb via messages and questioned this action.  They replied that they had not cancelled the booking (!!!) and it would have to be escalated.   We have waited days and have since written two more times and each time the thread has been closed  or merged with our previous message, as it had to be escalated.  However we have not heard from anyone after the escalations.  It is now early 3 weeks since we raised the issue.   We feel disillusioned with this treatment of no explanation and lack of compensation.   Who/how should i be addressing this concern too?   Has anyone else had this weird situation?   Thank you Kadek Ayu

1 Reply 1
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Kadek-Ayu0   First of all, I am sorry this has happened.  As the booking was for 30 days, your strict cancellation policy would have been superseded by Airbnb’s own long term stay policy

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=airbnb+cancellation+policy+long+term&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&cl...

It is also possible that Airbnb were unable to get payment from the guest or that they became aware of some other issues with them.  All you can do is persevere in trying to find out what happened.  However, at this point I would probably just let it go.  Customer Support are notoriously difficult to deal with at times and it seems to me that when they have little or no experience on a particular issue they just keep passing the problem on to others.  The positives in your case are that the guest did not ‘stay and not pay’ and that your calendar is open for other reservations.