neighbor complaint

Eduardo496
Level 2
Giv'atayim, Israel

neighbor complaint

A crazy neighbor made a complaint that I was hosting COVID-19 guests. So I asked Airbnb the details about the neighbor to send to the police and make him explain the false accusation.
To my surprise, Airbnb denied the data from the neighbor, and even worse not even blocked him to use the platform. So any crazy person can make any kind of false accusation and hosts are forced to reply instead of being protected by Airbnb support staff. It's a bit strange to allow any person to make fake accusations and support them.

16 Replies 16

@Eduardo496  it's not clear from your post who this neighbor complained to, not what the consequences were. Did Airbnb terminate the booking or take action against your account?

And if you're certain that this neigbbor is "crazy" and has an Airbnb account, surely you already know who they are - so what do you feel you need from Airbnb?

Neighbor complained to Airbnb.

i need his data so the police can track him.

@Eduardo496  You believe you're entitled to a police investigation merely because someone complained to Airbnb about your listing?

I don't understand what it is you think you need to be protected from. 

Hi Andrew Apparently you are not familiar with false accusation. This is a crime in any democratic country. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Eduardo496  Airbnb will never give out personal information about their users. Even the police have to present legal paperwork to get them to release information. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

So is the neighbour lying or are you continuing to host guests @Eduardo496 ?

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helen3 

Pending Eduardo's reply, we can at least note from his calendars that dates are available.

It's not surprising because a check on Tel-Aviv listings shows that it's possible to book.

In other words there are no automatic Airbnb blocks as we have in UK.

It's puzzling because Israel is currently in lockdown. 

Nobody understands that it’s a bit strange that Airbnb protect crazy neighbors instead of hosts?

@Eduardo496  No, it's not strange for Airbnb not to give out personal information about one of their users to another user. Would you want them giving out your personal information to someone else, just because they called asking for it? How does Airbnb know that you are telling the truth, anyway? Are they just supposed to take your word for it that the neighbor is crazy? 

"Both?" Was that in answer to @Helen3 's question? Your neighbor isn't crazy if she/he objects to you hosting guests during a pandemic/lockdown. You are the one who is being irresponsible and your neighbor is rightfully concerned about your guests bringing the virus into the community.

Sára you didn’t understand the point and worse you invented a new crazy story that I’m hosting sick people.

@Eduardo496  I understood the point perfectly well. And I didn't say you were hosting sick people. In case you have your head buried in the sand, no one has to show signs of being sick to infect others with the virus. There are lots of asymptomatic people who are infecting others. No one is supposed to be travelling around right now, not nationally, regionally or internationally.

Sára sorry you’re an undiscovered genius. Besides teaching me basic healthcare about Corona, perhaps  you can also teach me how my neighbor knows the I’m hosting sick people?

Both.