“...only spend money at Black-owned businesses.”

Mike323
Level 9
Middletown, PA

“...only spend money at Black-owned businesses.”

You can’t make this stuff up, I kid you not. Just when you think the absurdity meter is maxed out, the recommendation to ignore all businesses July 7th unless they’re black-owned is at the bottom of the page which boldly states “Battling discrimination on Airbnb” in big letters at the top. That is in addition to emailing hosts again on Independence Day how they can “fight discrimination”. 2+2=5?

Should guests listen to Airbnb and not book with any non-black property owners or managers July 7th? Would that just be for the night of the 7th, or would that apply to the date the booking was placed? (Ex: Apply to entire long term booking if house hunting on July 7th?)

https://www.airbnb.com/against-discrimination

Scroll down the page near the donate to BLM link which STILL takes donors to Actblue, and is STILL being promoted here despite being mired in corruption. Wonder why they moved it off the main page? Silent majority finally run out of patience and start pushing back?

Here’s a crazy idea that just might work. How about we just honor businesses that provide a quality product or service we value regardless of what color skin the owner has. This IS racism and it’s an assault on all races including black people who don’t want to be exploited. Just stop already. Treat people like people.

Is Airbnb purposely trying to drive this buss off the cliff with all off us on board?

How can it be that real discussion between hosts is continually being censored, coauthored, or developed by mods, while this kind of fraudulent fundraising for the democrat super pac is being pushed by the brand in our good name?

Evidently you’re a racist if you question failed logic or don’t address inequality by treating people unequally, got it? “And If the state says 2+2 is not 4 but 5, how many fingers do you see Winston?”

If you don’t get it, that’s good, it means you’re not brainwashed yet, and there’s still hope. It’s all going to come into to focus very soon for the masses.

It’s time to unmask the real sickness and corruption and those who willfully choose to protect or sponsor them.

People will be justifiably outraged when they learn the REAL reasons we we’re under “house arrest” and our businesses and economies were/are held hostage in shutdown mode, and our voices are being simultaneously silenced.

67 Replies 67
Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

*Off topic comment removed  

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Perhaps it's time to close this thread? @Yadira22  you are one of the reasons I am not curling up in a ball & giving up, bless your generation & I'm so sorry mine didn't do better by yours, XO ( go smart women!)

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya all,

I agree with @Sally221 on her most recent remark. We have tried to preserve the thread and keep as much of the content here as possible to allow all contributors to discuss but today it has devolved into mud slinging. I'm therefore closing the thread - it will still be readable but no new replies may be added. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please do drop me a DM. 

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines