"Can we invite 37 friends?"

"Can we invite 37 friends?"

We've just had an amusing enquiry.

"My husband and I would love to spend the weekend at your lovely holiday house. As the xx is our wedding anniversary, we'd love to invite a few friends over for drinks in the garden..." 

We actually agreed to this, and then thought it might be wise to ask how many friends they were thinking of. They weren't planning anything crazy, they said - just 37 friends and family! But not to worry, only she and her husband would sleep at our place.

Terrific! 37 nonpaying guests, what's not to like!

I had a hard time composing a reply that wasn't too rude.

(I'm my wife's co-host so I have zero Airbnb track record of my own, sadly. Doesn't seem fair to me!)

17 Replies 17

@Debra300  You forgot about the glitter, confetti and burst ballons! (I just did an upholstery job for a rental in my town that I noticed had sparkly plastic confetti all stuck in the lawn) 

Maybe some tape stuck to the walls that'll peel the paint off with it from the "Congratulations!" banner.

And of course, a plugged up, overflowing toilet, and cigarette butts everywhere.

Patricia1375
Level 4
Nederland, CO

All of the suggestions above are great.  I have actually stayed in your village, though not at your lovely farm cottage.  I would add that this is a rural setting with a well and septic tank.  It cannot support 37 guests with family.  So there will be an additional fee for an porta potty, and hand cleaning station.  Plus the fee to clean and remove after the event is over.  No rural farm setting can support that many extra people.  You have such a lovely place to rent.  Best of luck.

Yes 37 guests is half the population of the entire village!