"I am doing you the service of booking with you"

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

"I am doing you the service of booking with you"

Uh...

Got a booking inquiry that said this:

"Hi Laura-

I am interested in booking your cottage. Looks very nice. I do wonder why there is a guest limit. Your place has 2 bathrooms which others in the area do not have and those one bathroom places sleep 6-8 people. We plan to bring between 5-7 family members and our dog a 50lb well-trained lab. I am doing you the service of booking with you so I would like to understand why you wouldn't allow me to bring more people to align with other places I am looking at. I wouldn't want to lose the money if I were you. Please respond soon as I am making my decision. Thanks!"

I mean....can people get any more entitled?

57 Replies 57
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I would have said, since in a million years would never host this fruitcake:

"Thanks for trying to do me a favor, but at the present time we are just fine with more than enough bookings".   

P.S. Why don't I get inquiries like these; they must be so much fun to reject.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Haha @Fred13 ... so wicked. Your fantasy booking reject!! xx

Yes, I love to roleplay scenarios that never have happened, nor probably won't happen. The only way I get to tell the world where to get off. LoL

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Wow, rude and very entitled, @Laura2592!  Let them go "align" with one of the other places that they're looking at.  Can you imagine the stress if you hosted them?

I feel sorry for whomever they end up with. 

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

@Laura2592  Thanks for sharing, that is a classic. I would have no hesitation declined an 8nquiry like that and in a polite message at the end put “we wish you success in your search for alternate accommodations”

Again, thanks for sharing. 

Mill Bay Cottage Rental

@Laura2592 

I would have replied :

« Thank you for your interest.

As you look to be a very special guest, I propose you a special price at 10’000$ per night. 

please confirm  your interest »

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Thank you for your interest. I am more than happy to host your group. I have actually lowered the price so you will also some funds left for activities -your family seems so lovely. I have raised my cleaning fee slightly to reflect the cost of cleaning after a bigger group. I am sure you will find my special offer fair. 

Is there a highest number Airbnb allows us to enter? I would go with that

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Laura2592 

I would say:

"All your requests are denied.
Please, do not do the service of booking with me.
Good luck."

Chill-and-Relax0
Level 10
Ewa Beach, HI

Well, the good thing is, they disclosed who they are right away, a bit more self-awareness on the guest's end plus a better-crafted message, and you could end up with a real pain in the butt. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

I am doing you the service of NOT booking you into my home.  

Hahaha. Perhaps add - 'for safety reasons'.  That should leave them wondering.

James2566
Level 9
Holetown, Barbados

RUN! 

The Johnsons