what is airbnb price today , if you compare to pre-covid era?

Ari-Ivanov0
Level 1
Moscow, Russia

2 Replies 2
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Ari-Ivanov0   My pricing has not changed from pre-covid to post-covid.  My property has a value, and I will not discount it in order to attract post-covid bargain hunters.  

I am also happy to say that except for the downturn that is directly attributed to the AirBnB summer release, I remain well booked due to being listed on multiple platforms.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ari-Ivanov0 

I kept my pricing at the minimum end for quite a while after the pandemic started (but refused to entertain requests for additional discounts), but in more recent months put it back up again and actually increased the minimum nightly rate. Bookings were coming in thick and fast and increased energy and other bills meant this was really necessary. It didn't seem to affect bookings at all.

However, since the Summer Release, bookings and views have crashed. I have not reduced my prices and refuse to do so as I know my listings are good value (I have done my research and my guests confirm this too) because I know that is not the problem. The problem is lack of visibility in the searches, which has nothing to do with my prices and everything to do with the Summer Release. There are plenty of listings in my area that are nowhere near as good value showing up higher in the search results.