why my listing suspended ?

Bohdan12
Level 2
Uman', Ukraine

why my listing suspended ?

I am from Ukraine

we are helping refugees from Ukraine and why u suspend the listing ? I did nothing wrong , no fraud no scam 

come to visit me ! now at this danger time its genocide against people and users 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Bohdan12  I would assume because you just put up a listing in order to receive bookings from hosts who are donating to other hosts in Ukraine. This is indeed a type of fraud, because the intention of this movement was hosts helping out other hosts, it isn't simply a money transfer service.

So while I know everyone in Ukraine is in dire need of help right now,  you putting up a listing purely for this purpose ( not an established, real host) isn't okay.

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

I really can’t blame any Ukraine citizen who is creating a listing just for this as it’s been all over the media that Airbnb and Etsy are exactly that- a money transfer service- for easy ways to donate and make the charitable donor feel good about it 

Quartz (@qz) Tweeted:
One of the reasons that people who want to help Ukraine are turning to online marketplaces is because they offer transparency around who’s sending money and who’s receiving it. https://t.co/hja8fPwcCa https://twitter.com/qz/status/1501293057668431876?s=20&t=Wgv5wQfYZpc3QS0cbA3qbg

The transparency statement may be totally inaccurate but the story has taken off.

Therefore, if I was in their shoes I would have made my listing for this purpose too especially if I had kids/dependents etc. so I would never fault anyone legit resident of this country for posting a listing only to receive aid in response to this publicity which Airbnb is actually promoting 

thank you 

we are in Ukraine, and thanks and long live to Airbnb team to help ukrainians

while many cities locked and blockaded by Russians people have shortage of food and water

if you can send even 1 Usd  it can save lives

I  just got call from friend from Herson in Ukraine where they dont have money for food and russians are worse that animals they go to civilians houses and take food from them 

please donate 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Bohdan12, I'm so sorry to hear your listings were suspended. I understand that you want to help your community in these devastating times. The best way to support the people in need of help is to donate directly through Airbnb.org

Please stay safe 🇺🇦

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen