New addition to the Community Center Team!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New addition to the Community Center Team!

Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a lovely week so far. 🙂

I'm delighted to share some exciting news with you today, as our team is expanding! Joining @Quincy, @Sybe, @Stephanie and myself, as a Community Manager to support our wonderful hosting community here, is **drum-roll please** @Jenny

I’ll let her tell you a bit more about herself below - please give her a very warm welcome and make her feel at home!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

35 Replies 35
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hello everyone!

Thank you to Emilie for the lovely introduction.

I am so excited to be your newest Online Community Manager here on the CC.

I thought the best way for you to get to know me would be to share some facts about myself!

• I live in the south of Scotland with my cat, Walter.
  • When I'm not doing the day job, I love to volunteer for my local not-for-profit venue.
  • I discovered a real love for cooking during lockdown, and the passion for home-cooked food has carried on.
  • I'm a book addict and love reading, especially horror or thrillers, but I'll try anything once.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all, and the CC, and I'm especially excited about learning from you all as I learn the ropes here on the CC.

Hopefully I'll chat with you all very soon!

My lovely furballMy lovely furball

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sergi
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

¡Welcome @Jenny! It's gonna be super nice to have you in the team. 😊👌

-----

Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @Sergi - I'm so happy to be here!

-----

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Jenny  ! Walter is a cutie 🙂

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @Paul1255 - he's a lovely soul! Great to meet you!

-----

Laura
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the team, @Jenny and Walter 😽

-----

Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad // Por favor consulte as Normas da comunidade

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Laura!  We're happy to be here! 

I say "we" but Walter is snoring on the sofa at the moment!

-----

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Jenny WELCOME Jenny - glad to have you on the CC team and look forward to getting to know you. Walter looks like a dear old soul!

Blessings, Clara

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @Clara116 - I'm so happy to be here!  Walter is a very wise old soul.  Who forgets to put his tongue away sometimes! 

-----

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jenny 

Welcome Jenny, I am sure you will become a great and valued part of the team.......particularly as you are a pet lover!

There is something about a pet that gives us such strength. When we lost our last boy in 2013 I swore I would never get another pet.....it just breaks your heart when they leave you. Just look at Jetti-boy.......

Picture from Nokia camera 030.jpg

He came back from his walk one afternoon, had a stroke, and that was it, he was gone!

Nine months later this little Aussie Shepherd (BettyJoy) showed up on my phone and we were hooked all over again....

IMG20200327182410.jpg 

All dogs show emotion by growling or wagging their tail but 'Betts' takes it to the next level! She shows really emotion!

Most often she will come with us when we go somewhere...even when it is interstate. But sometimes we go where a dog is not permitted. She will see us getting ready to go out and she is up to the car all good to go! I say to her, 'Not tonight Betts' and she will sit there behind the gate and watch us leave.

If we are gone for 1/2 hour or more when we return she is there jumping up at the gate pleased to see us. But, sometimes we get out into the street and Ade will say...'Oh I forgot my glasses, or phone'....or something or other and we will turn around and come back up into the driveway. Betts will still be there at the gate but, her face is all wet, she is crying because she has been left behind. I have mentioned this to the Vet and he says......"Nah, dogs don't cry, she must have slobbered in her drink bowl"....but I swear its true, each time this happens Betts physically cry's. She gets over it quickly, within 5 minutes she accepts that we are gone and that is that, but catch her in that first minute or two, she is shedding tears because she has been left behind!

What is not to love about a pet!

Cheers........Rob

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @Robin4!

I love animals so much! Walter is my first cat, before that we had a dog, Murphy, who passed in my arms when I was around 25. He was a standard schnauzer, a very silly and wonderful boy.

Thank you so much for sharing your Jetti-boy and BettyJoy with me! I'm sorry you lost Jetti, but I'm so pleased that BettyJoy found you (and I love what you did with the names)! Both look like very good souls.

So much to love about animals, and I am looking forward to lots more chats about them!

-----

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

we once rescued 2 twin calves whose mother had died and they indeed were crying tears for days. what a touching story, dogs are the best and your Betts is adorable. I look forward to meeting her soon! (I'll be back in the Hills from the 17th this month, was just down but it was brutal week, we didn't even go out for dinner once! that's usually our treat for working so hard)

@Jenny 

Welcome Aboard! Such a lovely introduction. We are also lovers of black cats, and volunteering in the community nonprofits brings us joy as well. Books are a lifelong passion here, and we belong to a couple of amazing book clubs whose choices are excellent...

Very best wishes from the mountain, and may your Spring be glorious!

Kitty Norris

Willits, California

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lovely to meet you @Kitty-and-Creek0

I am always pleased to meet other black cat lovers! To me, although I love all animals, black cats have something special!

I hope you'll share some of your book choices with me at some point, as I love to get recommendations.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

-----