Your feedback on the new Community Center

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your feedback on the new Community Center

Hi everyone!

Now that the new community forum is live, after you have had a look around we would love you to provide us with your feedback on what you think and possible ways that we can improve, for example on ease of use and accessibility. 

Click here to access our Feedback Survey. 

We look forward to hearing your thoughts! Additionally, after completing the survey, feel free to reply in this thread with any other comments you might have regarding the new platform. Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide us with your valuable insight -  we will make sure to keep all your comments in mind when we further develop the Community Center.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

72 Replies 72
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Gerry-And-Rashid0, I just wanted to elaborate a little on my previous post about access to the forum.

I hope this is useful. Thank you 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nuno-Y-Daniel0,

Thank you so much for all your feedback, this is really useful to enable us to continue to make improvements.

Firstly, thanks for reporting the error message linking to 'Your Latest Post' tab. As you have probably guessed this isn't meant to happen, so I have passed this over to the team to fix!

It is good to know you would be keen for us to implement additional 'search by username' functionality and thanks for your feedback about the blog notifications. All fantastic feedback! 

A huge thank you again and please continue to share your thoughts with us. 🙂

--------------------

Florian-and-Theresa0
Level 10
Mintraching, Germany

Hi @Lizzie! I noticed that a lot of hosts start threads for the same topic. Is there any possibility to encourage people to use the search function? I fear otherwise the CC will become very confusing. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Florian-and-Theresa0.

Thanks for your concern over this, you are right and yes I can assure you this is something we will be assisting with and offering help as to what the best ways are to get the most out of the Community Center. I hope that with continous feedback from hosts like yourself and as the center grows, community members will be able to educate others on how best do this and ways to search for what they are looking for, especially for people who might be new to the forum. 

Thanks again and it is great to have you sharing your experience and knowledge.

--------------------

Nuno-Y-Daniel0
Level 9
Porto, Portugal

@Lizzie it would be a great insight tool if it was possible to add a poll feature when creating a post. 

It's great for data feedback but it's easier to particate as well. 

Sincerely, 

Daniel 

Nuno-Y-Daniel0
Level 9
Porto, Portugal

@Lizzie today i got to see some posts with links redirecting to out of Airbnb, some of them are spam and marketing other things that is not related with the hosting purpose. This can end in a problem later on, even when it comes to sponsor competitors. Basically, it should only be allowed to share airbnb site links in the posts.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Nuno-Y-Daniel0, I hope you are good. Thanks again, yes polls are something I am hoping to initiate soon, they can be great ways of finding out what is popular and gathering information. Personally, I also think they are really fun! 

In terms of spam, advertising within the Community Center isn't in-line with the Center Guidelines and will be removed. I routinely check for any posts relating to this and removing them, I have also received flags from other hosts on the platform highlighting spam content, which is great. If you see them, please do flag.  

--------------------

Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

@Lizzie this survey link is working fortunately, so I filled it it. So far, I'm feeling more confident about the new community center. Takes time to understand the structure. 😁 I have to admit, it has potential, it feels more natural than groups solely.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Damir0 thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback, I really appreciate it and it is so important to enable the Community Center to continue to grow.

It is lovely to hear your positivity and that you see the potential. To reasure you, in terms of the structure we are working on this and will continue to bring new features soon. 

Please do continue to encourage other hosts to discover the new Community Center and to get involved, together I believe we can create something really fantastic. 🙂

Thanks again. 

--------------------

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Good morning @Lizzie,

Can you contact me as there is no way of contacting you.  You should have access to my email address.  I have something to ask.

Thanks

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

Happy New Year, I hope you had an enjoyable festive period.

I am sorry, but as Direct Messaging isn't launched yet this isn't possible for me, however (I know I have said it before) it should be coming very soon. In the mean time can I ask what you would like to discuss with me about, is it to do with the Community Center and providing feedback or Airbnb hosting related? 

Thanks so much. 

--------------------

Wow @Lizzie!  They don't provide you with an email address.  I did not want to post it here.  I wanted to see if you could edit the titles of several of my "How To" posts so they would show up better in the searches.  For example, if you were to type in "Contact Airbnb" in the search bar, my how to guide does not display.  I would do it myself but you have limited us to 45 minutes to alter our posts.  I would like to change the title of all my "How To" guides.  For example, instead of "How To Get the Airbnb Contact Number for My Area?" I would like it changed to "Contact Airbnb: A How To Guide".

Is this something you could change for each of my How To guides or will I just need to recreate the posts?

Thanks

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

Thanks so much for this. I am sorry that there isn't a better way to do this at the moment, but I'm counting down the days! 

As it happens, I have been thinking quite a lot about your 'how to' posts, it is great content and as you say it certainly should be coming up in Search. I am happy to edit your titles, I see no reason for you to spend your valuable time duplicating content. Would you like to let me know how you would like all of them to be appear? 

In addition, I have a couple of other ideas on ways we could involve your posts in the CC, which I would love to speak with you on.

Thanks again. 

--------------------

Hi @Lizzie,

Would you like me to post on here what I would like the titles to be changed to?

Let me know how you would like to discuss your ideas.  

Cheers

Dave

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

Yes please, if that is OK with you to post them here, that would be fantastic. 

Once DM is available I will message you about this. 

Thank you again, let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

--------------------