Your feedback on the new Community Center

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your feedback on the new Community Center

Hi everyone!

Now that the new community forum is live, after you have had a look around we would love you to provide us with your feedback on what you think and possible ways that we can improve, for example on ease of use and accessibility. 

Click here to access our Feedback Survey. 

We look forward to hearing your thoughts! Additionally, after completing the survey, feel free to reply in this thread with any other comments you might have regarding the new platform. Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide us with your valuable insight -  we will make sure to keep all your comments in mind when we further develop the Community Center.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

72 Replies 72
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for this @Dave-and-Deb0, it is amazing to see and a fantastic resource for other hosts. I really think this is the start of some great content material with the CC. 

I will amend the titles as soon as I can and I agree with you, I will move this post afterwards. [Update - post has been moved]

Have a lovely weekend and I will let you know once I have got this all done. Thanks again. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi @Lizzie,

Could you please remove the old How to Contact Airbnb in My Area completely.  I made a new updated one which includes contacting using Twitter and phone numbers and steps for finding their local number. 

Thank you.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi @Lizzie,

Here are some more suggestions I would like to see that may have been already mentioned:

1.  I would like to see replies to a post be indented and actually attached to the person you are replying to.  Kind of like facebook.  Right now it is really frustrating that if I reply to a post, it goes to the bottom of the page even if it is a post that is halfway dwon the page.  This makes no sense to me and it is something a lot of people have mentioned in the Community Center.

2. Direct messaging - I know this is probably in the works

3. I would like to see the chance to have settings in the Community Center.  For example, right now if I want to receive a notification that someone responded to a post, I have to check the box everytime I post.  Can't we just have a setting section where we receive notifications if someone responds to all posts?  

4.   Length of time to edit - this needs to be increased if not removed entirely.  This could actually be a liability to Airbnb as someone might post information that should be posted and then wish to remove it and not being able to.  I also would like the ability to edit some of the How To guides I post but as information does change on the site.

5.  How about tracking the number of views and having that posted beside the search results which would help people find answers quicker.

6.  I already mentioned the option to bold but this still is not working.

7. Maybe polls?

I am sure there is a lot that I am missing but in the future, I will try to add to this as they come up as I will forget.

It sure would be great if you could provide us with an update of how things are moving along @Lizzie.  What things are coming soon?

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Lizzie,

I am wanting to tag Clare in a lot of posts but she will not show up in my dropdown when I type @Clare or @Deb (etc.) unless of course if she is already part of that thread.  Do you know of anyway I can scroll through a list or can i only choose from the people suggestion?

Thanks

Dave 

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

I hope you are having a good day.

I just wanted to let you know that I have posted a new thread in the 'Getting Started' board called 'Community Help Guides' which include your How To Guides, this is a work in progress so I hope we can encourage other community members to create their own guides too. You may have also seen that we have three new boxes on the Homepage, one of these now links to this post. I just wanted to check that you ar are happy for me to promote your guides in this way?

Thanks so much again for creating this fantastic content. Lizzie

--------------------

That's pretty funny @Lizzie.  I was actually going to make a post today with all my How To guides included for people to refer to.  Thanks for doing all the work for me!

Dave

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw great minds think alike! Thanks @Dave-and-Deb0

--------------------

@Lizzie,

If I want to add items or if others have other things to add, how do we go about doing that as the thread is locked and does not allow comments?

Dave

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

I have been thinking about the best way to do this, and I think especially before we get DM,  if you tag me in the post you want to be added I can then add it to the Help Guide thread. Does this work for you? I will update the post with this information, so everyone who see it will know. 🙂 

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Dave-and-Deb0, I've added these in. 🙂

Also, I wondered if you have seen the update about the Community Center in the Annoucement board, which shows what to expect next on the CC? 

Thanks again. Lizzie 

--------------------

Hi @Lizzie,

Thanks for adding those and yes, I have now seen the update which is great!  Looking forward to those new features.

Is Airbnb's vision of the Community Center just a place for people to come to find help or is it also a place like the old groups where people can connect and make friendships with people who are like minded or from the same area?  I feel the CC has been the first part but as you have seen from many posts, the latter is not happening and soon the old groups will be someting of the past.  

I am hoping Airbnb will add all cities or at least States/Provinces/Areas in which they operate so people can connect.  Once again, the hosting area NEEDS to be a separate and private area where hosts can truly speak the mind (in a respectful way) knowing that a potential guest will not read what is being written about them.

Dave

David

Hi Everyone,

I've only been hosting about 4 or 5 months and am really enjoying it.  I enjoy meeting people and the challenge of maintaining a 100% response rate and 5 star reviews.  I've been looking for some sort of 'forum' - - -  this may be it as it evolves.

Just want to say that as Dave and Deb posted, there does need to be a separate Host Only area.  After reading the string of conversations in a general area that I understand is open to the public I'm concerned about the impression potential guests might get about Airbnb and hosts.  There seemed to be a lot of discontent.  Perhaps part of the evolutionary process of this new Community Centre.

As I strive to achieve my own personal goals hosting, art of my learning process may be here in the Community Centre.  For example, from reading the more general conversations I learned about "neighbourhood reps" and "local meetups".  Never heard of such things before, - - -  now to see if such things exist in my area.  

Kane

Hi @Lizzie,

Please add: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/How-Much-Does-a-Guest-Pay-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/24677#M1145

Dave

David

Hi @Lizzie,

I just noticed that https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Setting-Price-on-Your-Calendar-for-Single-or-a-Set-of-Da... did not get added to the Help Guides.

Not sure if you want to add this one as well: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Bed-Details-Sleeping-Arrangements-A-New-Airbnb-Optio...

Dave

David