Instant Book Cancellation

Jenna31
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Instant Book Cancellation

Hi - I thought one of the benefits of instant book was no cancellation fee - why was I charged to cancel?

6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Jenna31

Not sure why you thought that, has never been the case.

David

Well the screenshot I have from this morning when I went to turn off instant book says otherwise, it won't let me attach it here. 

"You'll lose Instant Book controls like penalty-free cancellations or requiring positive reviews"

Hi @Jenna31, I just had this conversation with @David126 yesterday and since the Airbnb support info isn't specific I contacted them and this was their answer:

"With IB, you are allowed up to 3 penalty-free cancellations a year. However, if your guest does not comply with house rules, you are able to contact us to request penalty-free cancellation and this does not go against your 3 cancellations per year. House rules are to be respected by guests and if not, they are penalized, not you. We want to ensure your protection and due respect is in course at all times." (copied out from Airbnb email)

So now I'm completely confused 😞

May ask how far the booking was and what was the reason why you wanted to cancel?

@Jenna31 @David126 Sorry, just to qualify: I figured there might be some fee if you cancel so close to check-in date but I don't understand the "positive review" part 😞

Hi Monika,

Even if there are 3 free cancellations, that would be of been the first for 2017. The booking was for August, I had rejected another booking for the same weekend earlier in the week and asked that my calendar be blocked because I will be at my apartment.

Jenna

I just heard back from support and they agreed the message is confusing so they are removing the charge.