Edit Saved Messages

John-Paul0
Level 3
California, United States

Edit Saved Messages

How do you edit the "Saved Messages" that you can use in your message threads?

43 Replies 43

Yes - Airbnb, please recode this so that "saved messages" can be edited and resaved.  I have saved a message that I am able to send to guests but I have to re-edit it each time I send it since there is no way, that I can see, to edit and resave for future use. 

Thanks!

Honestly--to save messages that are used often is the best! But not to be able to find the function is downright silly. Just add a link for this function in the messages section. Problem solved.

Is there a way to reorder saved messages? Whenever you add a new saved message it goes all the way to the bottom of the list. I help cohost a few properties and would love to keep all of the most used messages at the top and less used ones closer to the end of the list.

This is my problem too 😕

Kimberly93
Level 2
Louisville, KY

Accessing from previous messages is fine, but what if you keep your inbox clean? I can't get into anything unless I go to the archive, which is a real PITA. Please to add a link to the 'HOST' navigation so we can access and manage these any time!

Chau1
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

Hello,

can anyone in the developers team of Airbnb check the mobile application? It is really awful. For example, I can only write this message with a web browser. All saved messages never appear in mobile version. And that mobile application lacks of full functions. I saw a pop-up message about the introduction text for guest. I editted them. It disappeared and no chance to find them.

Your developers should care about user-friendly of your mobile version. It is poor-functioned for message. The guests always ask the same thing, even though I added in description. You should help us to 

I agree, if I am remote from my computer I send a quick 'holding message' until I get home and can use the full functions.  It means double the work!

Lynne51
Level 2
Colmesneil, TX

HOW TO CREATE A NEW MESSAGE:  2017 UPDATE:  Click on any email "Use a Saved Message", a window will pop up and offer you to use a saved message OR on the middle at the bottom it will say "Save a New Messge"  When you click that link it will allow you to create a new message from scratch to save in your saved message options.

Thank you Lynne but have you tried to Delete a Saved Message? I have and I can’t get it to work. I have too many saved ones, long string and I need to clean out a few. Thank you

Shelley64
Level 2
Boulder, CO

I recently added to a saved message, which is now rather long with information. 

I've now  found that only part of it is now received by guests.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of words/ characters in a saved message?

Has anyone at airbnb picked up on this yet? 'Stupid' is being kind. Not user friendly. Please fix

Susan149
Level 2
Seattle, WA

In regards to changing/updating a saved message in June of 18 - there is no red ine at the bottom to enable an editt and there is no box to the left that says edit either. So skip that I just added the message I wanted and renamed it. Has anyone been able to delete a message? Curious. Thanks.

Hughie0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

There is definitely a bug with editing saved messages. When I click on "edit saved messages", I am then prompted to "edit in listing details" which takes me to "Guest Resources" which doesn't allow me to edit or even see any saved messages

Carlos1002
Level 3
Mazunte, Mexico

HA HA HA, The siliest way to get to your saved messages.. NO button on your dashboard, or anything like that. You have to go through an existing conversation and risk to send an unfinished or undesired message to a guest... I love airbnb but they end up with the silliest algorithms for accomplishing things...