Empty messages w/o text or inquiry/requests?

Paul72
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

Empty messages w/o text or inquiry/requests?

Is anyone currently receiving empty messages w/o any text, request or inquiry? My inbox simply says: "message from Xyz" I can see guest's profile but there's no actual message nor request.

7 Replies 7
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Paul72 you are not the only one, look for another thread of the same topic

I am getting the same messages, any clue?

Mila39
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Yes, totally!! I got about five in a last couple of days. I wonder whether an interested guest just clicking on "message" instead of whatever button is next to it. 

I wrote to all of them, and I've got one reply; she said that she was just looking at my listings and did not send any messages or inquiries. I guess it's just a glitch in the system. Hopefully, they'll fix it pretty soon.

I received 3 such messages and called Airbnb. They did not see all of them in their system which told them the problem is not on my side but on the sender's. Later I received a follow up email from the support person I spoke with - she wrote it looked like hackers attack...I hate to spread panic here but I did read an article about a series of burglaries under false "guest accounts" so I changed my password just in case.

Let's keep calm and hope it is just a glitch! 

Jake-And-Sunny0
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

Yes, we just had that happen this week. I did call Airbnb support (we are new to hosting and the support folks were very helpful and easy to reach by phone), and there was a problem with their internal app messaging. I did respond to the 3 "empty" messages and 2 of them replied that they did browse our listing. They didn't book, but were thankful that we checked in with them. We have not had any problems that we are aware of since then. That was about 3 days ago

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Paul72@Jake-And-Sunny0@Olga1@Mila39 and @Oscar152,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community Center, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this.

As @Branka-and-Silvia0 mentioned there is another thread on this here in the CC, so you are not alone. As mentioned there, we are presently feeding this back to the team, so it is really useful you have shared it here. 

Please do continue to keep us updated if you can and I hope this will be resolved soon.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.