Guide books

Suzanne56
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

Guide books

How do I create a guidebook if my city is not listed? 

5 Replies 5
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Suzanne56. There is nothing any host can do about the city guidebooks, if that's what you mean, but we all can create our own listing guidebook. It shows up on the map on your listing page as icons on which guests can click. 

Go to Your Listing -> Calendar and More -> Guidebook. Fill in the blanks. Use street addresses in the "Go to..." box and save, then edit that and save again so it becomes the business/park/event name. The address will stay. Say something nice about the recommendation, because that is what will show up when the guest clicks the map icon.

You will find one problem is that it doesn't show up as a separate guidebook online in the way you see it when you are editing - it is just part of your map, and the guest will need to zoom out as necessary. In my case, for instance, they need to zoom out for nearly everything because I'm a bit remote and not really close to anything. 

Printing the guidebook can be messy. It does not print in the same order, or any useful order really, and so you need to do some formatting in another program (Word does the trick, or anything similar) to make it look nice. Once you do that, though, it makes a good addition to a hardcopy house manual. 

Does this answer your question? I think I understand that if Airbnb likes your recommendations, they will add them to the city guidebook. Since you say Halifax does not have one, perhaps you will be the one to put it on the map!

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's great news @Lawrene0, thanks for letting me know! I shall pass it on 🙂

Forgive my stupidity but I still can't find out to create a guidebook. I can't find the Calendar and More section. I have a calendar section and other sections. Any more tips you might give on finding where to create a guidebook?

Diane181
Level 1
Darling Point, Australia

The site does not let me make entries for Guide Books.  Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to do?  It allows me to enter one restaurant, then below that it asks to choose a category, say, Restaurant.  But from there cannot scroll down or any anything else or save anything.  Help!

Would appreciate some input please.

Thanks,

Diane