Hosting In Greece and Tax Regulations

George214
Level 1
Peristeri, Greece

Hosting In Greece and Tax Regulations

Hello fellow Greek hosts...

I would like to talk about how you deal with the new regulations about taxes in Greece.

I want to sleep peacefully at nights, and that would mean to regulate my taxes.

But everything is so conflicting in greece, and I find regulations to be somewhat ... vague to say the least.

Even accountants don't seem to have a clear picture as to HOW a host should regulate himself.

The so-called "badge" that every house in airbnb should get, is nowhere to be found (at least for the time beeing), and I still haven't found a way to declare my guests on gsis.gr

If anyone reads and has the same problem with me, or maybe has a good piece of advice, I would be more than grateful to hear from him/her.

Happy Hosting to all.

76 Replies 76
Nefeli3
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi John.

My accountant accepted just an earnings summary for 2017 and told me how much tax I have to pay, so I think you are ok for 2017.

The new regs are for 2018 and require a lot of info as well as guests passports numbers, which I did not know and have not collected!! The accountants are as confused as we are, beieve me!

Go to www.aade.gr and look at the form you have to fill in....

Good luck

Nefeli

Has the famous Register been created yet? I still can't find anything about it on the TAXIS site (keeping in mind that TAXIS has what is clearly the worst search engine in the world...).

just wondering if anyone has had success in navigating this complex system?  has the 'famous Register' been created?  any advice for this newcomer is welcome!

According to this article, the system became operational a few days ago: https://news.gtp.gr/2018/08/31/greeces-online-registry-short-term-rentals-goes-live/

Nath-And-Gil0
Level 1
Turin, Italy

Hi, I have a very good accountant in Athens who is helping out and is following the Airbnb case. Should you need please write me in pvt.

Hello i m interested please ! Anne-Lise

Hi Nath,

Could you please give me his/ her name and contact info. I need to have somebody register my property and submit the statements to the AADE.

Thanks a lot,

Helene

Harun2
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hello,

As far as I searched, we can apply on this link for short term renting. You need taxis.net username and password in order to log in.

https://www.aade.gr/polites/eisodema/brachychronia-misthose-akineton

At the same time, I guess we are entitled to submit the income we had in 2018. When I was trying to register, I needed to choose an option for myself I guess but since I do not know Greek, I need someone's help here. 

I am staying in a rented appartment alone and I am renting one of the room with airbnb. Which option should I choose in the options below?

https://prnt.sc/ks54yl

Thank you.

Amy760
Level 1
Alónnisos, Greece

the platform is now on line.. you can get a number and fill in the info of your guests, AFM number for Greek guests and passport number for foreign guests.. other regulations are all described here. You can only rent out two rooms or properties per tax number and a max of 60 days for small islands or 90 days for anywhere else or a roof of 12,00 euro..

http://www.greeklawdigest.gr/topics/real-estate/item/288-airbnb-legislation-and-tax-transparency

good luck!!

Nefeli3
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Amy....just about to get started with the form, but I have a few questions you might be able to answer please....

1. When was the official start date for this? I had guests all summer on Andros (last one left on Oct.1st) so I am worried about the number of passport humbers I have to try and get now?!

2. How do they define big island and small island?!....what is Andros?

3. I have 3 separate individual apartments, but on the same piece of land, so I presume they will each be allowed to have 60 or 90 days occupation?

4. Is the roof of 12,000 euro for each apartment or total for one host?

My accountant is not up to speed with the new regs so I thought I had better do it myself...if possible!

Many thanks

Nefeli

Nefeli3
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi everybody!

The site for registering is up and running and can be found at www.aade.gr

It seems quite complicated...29 pages of instructions...so good luck!

I was told by an accountant here in Athens that I am required to put all my guests passport numbers on the form somewhere...the problem with this is that I don't have those details and I cannot get them from airbnb as it comes under Data Protection as hosts do not have access to guests private info.

Has anybody had this problem yet?

Was very happy to find there is a community chat page!

Nefeli

Hey guys, I just read this and thought it might be useful for the non-Greek language readers;

https://news.gtp.gr/2018/02/14/quick-guidelines-short-term-rentals-greece/

"Greece’s Independent Authority for Public Revenue (AADE) issued a manual on its e-platform that includes frequent questions and answers regarding short-term rentals."

I guess for those of you who can read Greek this might provide more info?  Pls share here if you find anything useful!  Thanks!

Hi Emma, that means everyone who puts his add in AirBnB need to be registed in AADE? 

Αγαπητα μελη αυτες ειναι καποιες πληροφοριες, ενοειται οτι πρεπει να λαβετε θπ οψιν οτι
α, το ΑIR BNB δεν δινει πληροφοριες στην κυβερνηση
β, η πλατφορμα για τη δηλωση θα ανοιξει στισ 20 νοε
γ, ΑΥΤΟΙ (η κυβερνηση) λενε ετσι τωρα αλλα δεν ξερουμε οι επομενοι τι θα λενε οποτε ζυγιστε προσεκτικα τις κινησεισ σας , εννοειται οτι η νομιμη οδος ειναι η καλυτερη.

Hello, 

Now that the Short Term Real Estate Registry is open, can anyone give me the www. link to sign-up please.

Thank you

Anna