I've sold my house to a new owner that wants to continue booking the home using AirBnB.

Sarah168
Level 1
St. George, UT

I've sold my house to a new owner that wants to continue booking the home using AirBnB.

Can my bookings be transferred to the new owner's AirBnB account?  I'm sure that this is not the first time this has happened.  Will AirBnB transfer my current bookings to the new owner's account?  

22 Replies 22

Would it not be better for them to take their own fresh pictures?.. ... What an interesting situation...?

No, not in this situation.  The new owner wanted the sale to be completely turn-key.  They didn't want to worry about managing the home.  They also wanted to keep the existing Property Manager.  This way the property manager will send all net income to the new owner.  This owner could also easily sell the property and leave all future reservations intact.  

I'm not sure why one would want to change the photos.  The home is still managed by the same property manager.  The photos are working out great, and could be used from buyer to buyer.  

Mark367
Level 2
Joplin, MO

My issue/question is people searching in my area will see duplicate house on 2 accounts.

I'm going to be the new Lesee/Owner in s month and will go the route of duplicating pics and opening my new account. Old owner has things booked 4 mo in advance and will credit to my account. 

He will block out sll dayes other than what's booked and I will block out his booked dates. 

@Mark367 What your seller should do is "snooze" his listing now.  That way, there won't be duplicate listings in search results. Once all the reservations are completed, he can Un-list his listing.

Also, the seller should advise the guests what is going on so that it doesn't come as a surprise to them to be greeted by a new host. It will also give them the opportunity to cancel or request that the seller cancel their reservations.  Hate to say it, but sometimes guests feel uncomfortable with this kind of change over. 

Be sure you are completely familiar with the House Rules / cancellation policy and any other terms the seller has on his listing since that is what the guests agreed to when they booked.  

Justin135
Level 1
Lake Havasu City, AZ

Hello everyone, 

I am in this situation now and need to contact Airbnb for help.  Does anyone have the contact phone number?  I cant seem to locate it on the site.

Thank you,

Justin

Cannot transfer your bookings. I made a deal with the new owner that she honoured the 4 bookings I had and I took that money off the sale of the house. Worked fine. Had to cnacle 2 bookings that were quite far in advance and pay a penalty. That was my only option.  

@Justin135   This was posted some time ago, I myself had a hard time finding a number yrs ago.  They use to have the numbers here on the site, not sure why they feel they have to make it so hard to get in touch.?

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/How-to-contact-airbnb-directly-by-phone-or-email/td-p/43...

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

@Sarah168Hello.....a friend recently bought the house next door, she was the manager for the property.  What they did was the owner who was already with ABnB sent a message to the guests that the house was sold, and they could re-book with the new owner.