My Listing is not visible - HELP!!

My Listing is not visible - HELP!!

Hi AirBnB Host Community -

I would love your help! I have 8 AirBnB listings. I cannot find my latest listing when I use specific search dates outlined below. It is launching in 2 days on April 15. This has never happened to me before and I have checked it carefully. This unit is available for 21 days or more, and for 58 days or more during June-August. A bit about the listing: 

- Title: "Cozy Garden Retreat In Hillsborough"

- Located in Hillsborough, CA

- Studio guest suite

- Entire unit

- washer, dryer, parking space

- space for up to 2 people

PROBLEM: I cannot see the listing when I search for April 15/16 -May 15 or April 15/16 - May 30 or April 15/16 - June 15, etc. I CAN see it when I search for short stays of 21-28 days beginning April 15 but not for more than 4 weeks (or for long 2+ month stays beginning in June).

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for checking this out for me! I really appreciate the help.

- Ethan C., San Francisco

3 Replies 3

@Ethan52 I like the wealth of debugging data you have provided!

I don't see any listings attached to your profile; (I usually start by looking at the listing directly via the host's profile). Can you provide a link to the listing with the search problem?

Edit: I just realized something about your searches: there is a sort of a "disconnect" in the search results between listings that are restricted to long-term bookings (28 days or more) and listings that are available for short term bookings (27 days or fewer). We have done some research and discovered that listings that are only available for long-term bookings do not show up at all if the guest searches with no dates.

We have *not* done research for your case: when a guest searches for long-term stays, does the Airbnb search engine *exclude* the short-term listings?

This might be what is happening. From April 15 to May 31 your listing is a short-term listing, and from June 1 to Aug 31 it is a long-term listing.

Try doing a short-term stay search during the April - May period and see if the listing appears.

If you could provide the link I would also be happy to research it more.

@Matthew285 - Thank you kindly for your thorough response! After 2 days and multiple interactions with AirBnB, I learned that in order to show up in a long-term search result, a listing MUST have a long-term discount attached to it. This was news to me! And has been costing me hundreds of dollars in foregone revenue. But at least now I know! Thank you again for your interest in helping out.

Best,

Ethan

@Ethan52 thank you for coming back and reporting what you learned!

Shoot... I knew something about the monthly discount thing. I did not mention it because I was trying to solve the mystery of the early time frame where the minimum stay was only 21 days.

But your information is better. My notes say that a listing with a minimum stay of 28 days or more must have a monthly discount to appear. Your information is probably the true story: if a guest *searches* for a long term stay, your listing must have a monthly discount to appear.