My account has been closed

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

My account has been closed

This is partly to say goodbye to all the other Hosts I have interacted with and also give you a heads up. Firstly thanks for all your help over the last 3 years.

I listed on ABB 3 years ago, firstly with one room, then added 2 more and finally a 4th a month or so ago.

I have had around 1,000 bookings, 700 reviews and 400 5 star reviews and my rating was 4.7.

Superhost

Had one extenuating circumstances single night cancellation 18 months ago Burst pipe.

Use instant Book from about a month after I listed, I accept Dogs etc so no issues with any of ABB policies.

I have been super busy this summer, not sure when the last time was I had a night to myself,  and last weekend was our main event in town.

Most days I get a booking, but a lot of people book a week or 2 out and of late I have not had much availability.

A week ago a guest told me that she could nto find me on the AirBnB site, everyting was working fine from my end, I logged out and searched and could not find me either.

So I contacted ABB forst through the Help function , they were very responsive, congratulated me on all my good reviews etc etc, could see there was an issue bit would need to refer it, this went on for a few hours and they could get no feeback from the team that would handle it.

Couple of days later I tried Twitter, similar deal, your Manager will contact you by email.

Yesterday I tried agian, went through the same thing.

In the meantime I had Guests stay, I was paid, reviews done. All was normal.

Then I received the standard we are closing your account and not telling you why message I have seen many times on here.

Fortunately I am pretty easy to find with a Google search and most of my bookings have already contacted me and I have made other arrangements. I knew I was exposed mainly using one provider, ABB was the only site I used, I have friends, people I know stay with me. direct

I had also looked into what to do going forward and have now put the wheels in motion.

Why, well I do not know, I can think of only 2 reasons:

- My participation on here - but that seems unlikely, but not impossible.

- There was some technical glitch on my listing that disappeared me from the search function and it was easier for the person to just delete my account than sort it. I am inclined to believe this which is of course a sad indictment.

I am realistic, even with all my booking ABB probably made $2,000 a year from me, I am hardly of consequence to them.

Fortunatley this did not happen in June, I can deal with this as things have dipped, the Schools have gone back and to be honest I need a breather, has been a long summer.

My Guests were told ABB had cancelled the bookings, there were given the standard 10% credit to be used for another ABB booking and their money back. But not why.

I told them I would honour the price but without the AirBnB fee. I will be increasing my prices.

David
157 Replies 157

@Ute42, I just went to your listing through your profile here and it is there, but when I tried to mock book it, all the dates are unavailable. Some very odd things going on right now with lots of people saying they've been delisted! Scary! 

Hi @John1080 ,

Can You find my place when using map search? Type in Mitterfels, Germany, 10 guests.

The dates are unavailable as I have blocked all dates till the end of the year as I am fully booked out. I use 4 different distribution channels, airbnb is only 10% of my income in 2018.

After having read all these posts on this CC I became very careful and cautious with airbnb bookings.

I never trusted this company, good that I didn't.

@Ute42, just went through the area and no, I didn't see your listing! Hopefully this is some kind of glitch! 

Hi @Ute0

so, sorry to hear,

We are new at ABB, only 1 year, which other channels do you use and are they available in USA?

@Ute42   I saw your listing but no dates can be booked even those without a strikethrough.

@Ute42 I also can't find your listing, even when opening the map and zooming out.

Hi @Ange2 ,

i have set up my account so that dates in the upcoming 9 month cannot be booked as I am booked out. I'm having this setting for a while already and my listing always showed when searching the area without check in / check out dates. I had an average of 250 pageviews every month nonetheless.

@Ute0Do you think your listing could be deleted temporarily, since you have it blocked for 9 months? I think a host's availability is an issue in being seen on the site.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ute

Your lising is not in the search system anymore, otherwise this link would give a result:

https://www.airbnb.com/s?host_id=156283070

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ute

Today I see the link now gives result, so it seems your problem is solved !

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@David126  I vote there is some system glitch and it will be rectified sometime, but your Plan B might even be a better plan...who knows.  I truly doubt anyone can find fault with your CC postings.

That @Ute42 is reporting a problem with her listing visibility leads me to think there may be some system problem.

Some insight into why there is no reason given for the action, from my time in corporate America, is to limit the liability by limiting the information.   Not nice but done in a great number of independent contracting situations.

Hi Linda,

I agree with you, it makes more sense.

@David126   Wow!  Makes one wonder if Airbnb have lost control of the site.  I have always enjoyed your comments and found your advice helpful.  Hope to see your listing back, if you want to come back that is.  btw:  love the locomotive – a great addition.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Back to @David126 s case. Unlike me, David got this:

• Then I received the standard we are closing your account and not
    telling you why message I have seen many times on here.

• My Guests were told ABB had cancelled the bookings, there were
    given the standard 10% credit to be used for another ABB booking
    and their money back. But not why.

So a 3 yr customer with 500 reviews gets fired from the platform without any reason given. A host with no good financial backing can be put out of business by this, this can drive people into bancrupcy. Who cares?

Computer glitch? If this is a computer glitch, doesn't David deserve a mail or a phonecall from ABB?

Airbnb is telling us every day that we must not discriminate other people for race, religion or what have You. This company should work on their own behaviour towards their customers before giving us good advise how to handle our guests.

@Ute42  I would say your account got suspeneded for declines or low acceptence of bookings. Can you go into your listing? If so see if you can relist or unsnooze, sometimes it's only for a day or two sometimes it can be for 30 days. 

@David126  I am so sorry they did that too you. Did you have any guest that could have complained or reported you in the last few weeks?