My account has been closed

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

My account has been closed

This is partly to say goodbye to all the other Hosts I have interacted with and also give you a heads up. Firstly thanks for all your help over the last 3 years.

I listed on ABB 3 years ago, firstly with one room, then added 2 more and finally a 4th a month or so ago.

I have had around 1,000 bookings, 700 reviews and 400 5 star reviews and my rating was 4.7.

Superhost

Had one extenuating circumstances single night cancellation 18 months ago Burst pipe.

Use instant Book from about a month after I listed, I accept Dogs etc so no issues with any of ABB policies.

I have been super busy this summer, not sure when the last time was I had a night to myself,  and last weekend was our main event in town.

Most days I get a booking, but a lot of people book a week or 2 out and of late I have not had much availability.

A week ago a guest told me that she could nto find me on the AirBnB site, everyting was working fine from my end, I logged out and searched and could not find me either.

So I contacted ABB forst through the Help function , they were very responsive, congratulated me on all my good reviews etc etc, could see there was an issue bit would need to refer it, this went on for a few hours and they could get no feeback from the team that would handle it.

Couple of days later I tried Twitter, similar deal, your Manager will contact you by email.

Yesterday I tried agian, went through the same thing.

In the meantime I had Guests stay, I was paid, reviews done. All was normal.

Then I received the standard we are closing your account and not telling you why message I have seen many times on here.

Fortunately I am pretty easy to find with a Google search and most of my bookings have already contacted me and I have made other arrangements. I knew I was exposed mainly using one provider, ABB was the only site I used, I have friends, people I know stay with me. direct

I had also looked into what to do going forward and have now put the wheels in motion.

Why, well I do not know, I can think of only 2 reasons:

- My participation on here - but that seems unlikely, but not impossible.

- There was some technical glitch on my listing that disappeared me from the search function and it was easier for the person to just delete my account than sort it. I am inclined to believe this which is of course a sad indictment.

I am realistic, even with all my booking ABB probably made $2,000 a year from me, I am hardly of consequence to them.

Fortunatley this did not happen in June, I can deal with this as things have dipped, the Schools have gone back and to be honest I need a breather, has been a long summer.

My Guests were told ABB had cancelled the bookings, there were given the standard 10% credit to be used for another ABB booking and their money back. But not why.

I told them I would honour the price but without the AirBnB fee. I will be increasing my prices.

David
157 Replies 157

Hi @Letti0 , this is a sreenshot of my progress page:

2018-08-21 re Antwortrate ändert sich nicht.jpg

Acceptance rate 80%, it has been like this for the last 6 weeks, no change in that departement at all. No issues at all with airbnb in the last 6 month and not in the last few days, absolutely nothing.

I have a bankaccount full of money = 52k USD and I'm working at the BMW factory in Munich for 25 years, and I don't have a cleaning job. And airbnb is delisting me without any notice, me? I  don't need airbnb, they should call me and apologise.

2018-08-21 Bankauszug ueberpinselt.jpg

@Ute42 I can't find you either. I tried seaching just by map and putting in more filters, and nothing. Have you confirmed that your listing has been removed?

@Alexandra316  @Ute42's listing is still under her profile which leads me to believe she's just suspended. @David126  Profile you get the below because he's been removed. 

Screenshot (146).png

@Letti0 Yeah, but I wondered because it sounds like David's @David126 situation started out the same as Ute's @Ute42- the listing was just invisible - then it subsequently disappeared after he asked why it was invisble. Both issues didn't happen at the same time. From David's description, the deletion only happened after he asked the question on why his lising wasn't visible.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Letti0,

what airbnb is telling us is:

Keep Your mouth shut and do what we tell You to do, if not, You're fired.

Who's next -  Fred on his island because he made a joke?

@Ute42   I'm thinking that last decline put you just under 80% and you got a suspension for falling below that mark. The robots do it automatically. In @David126's case I am thinking someone reported him for something and AirBnB did not give him a chance to defend himself. 

Hi @Letti0 ,

no, I did not decline. I did not get a "booking request" that I had to accept or decline, I got a "booking inquiry", that is something else. 13 People wanted to book my house which can only sleep 10. I wrote back no, that's not possible and the clock stopped. I did not decline. Pls read the refering help pages.

@Ute42  Got it read it again. Oops... Have no logical reason then. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Thanks for the support, there are some things I just do not know.

Thinking back to when I had my last booking, maybe 2 weeks ago, not much longer. So lets assume I was disappeared then.

I noticed a week later and started contacting them but was only chopped after the third attempt. I can not help but think the two are connected.

Only weird things have been 2 no shows, one I eventually got hold of and basically they decided to stop before they got to me and did not tell me, a one nighter so not a lot of money so I assume they did not care.

The other was a 2 nighter and never found out what happened.

A lot of mine are one and two nights and they can be hard to remember, I have had a few over the years who I would prefer not to see again but none of late. 

The only messages prior to this have been the usual ones about reducing my prices and giving discounts for longer stay.

David
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@David126  I am so sorry 😞   unbelivable... I am speechless...

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Ute42 has anyone tried searching for your listing with specific dates you have open?

Hi @Lisa723 ,

I have no dates open. I am fully booked out. It has been like this for the last 3 months and my listing always showed nonetheless. The first dates I could offer would be march 2019, but I am not opening my airbnb caledar for dates with such a long leadtime due to the airbnb policies (extenuating circumstances, guests claiming money back and so forth). I only rent dates through airbnb with a maximum lead time of 6 to 8 weeks because anything else I think is too dangerous.

@Ute42 I see... in that case it seems plausible and not really unreasonable that Airbnb has decided not to show listings with zero availability.

@Lisa723, no.

I started renting through airbnb in Feb 2018 and I took 4 reservations, 2 I've already hosted and 2 are still to come. My calendar has been unavailable as it is today since June. My listing always showed. It stopped showing after I told a guest that I cannot sleep 13 and I did not decline nothing.

@Ute42 Airbnb changes things all the time. I can see guests complaining about listings appearing in search that have no availability. Maybe they changed it.  As an experiment you could try opening up some time and see if anything is different.