My listing doesn't appear when I search for my town yet it shows as "listed'

Answered!
Isobelle0
Level 2
Kawakawa, New Zealand

My listing doesn't appear when I search for my town yet it shows as "listed'

Same here. The listing does not appear at all. No changes made. We do have a couple of guest arriving in the next couple of weeks. Although we have availability from end of March onwards our listing does not show.

Assumption: We have 2 bookings in the next 2 weeks and as a result we do not appear in the search result until some time after the last guest has left. As said, this is an assumption - has anyone experienced something similar?

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/11364503

2 Best Answers

Hello @Isobelle0,

I searched on a chrome browser without any dates, just selected number of guests = 3. Your lisitng appears in the 1st position 🙂

Try adding filters, you should be able to see it as well. Guests mostly search with filters.

Hope that helps 🙂

Jeet

View Best Answer in original post

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

The ranking algorithm uses a variety of factors, so there's no way to determine where a particular listing will show up. Others mention it's based on the browser, which is not really true. It's more based on the cookies and other information, which is based on the user's history for that browser on that computer. You can see the difference by doing a search while logging in in normal mode. Then do the exact same search using private/incognito mode on your browser without logging into the site. The range of dates and other filters also impact which sites are shown. Of course, there is a good deal of randomization as well, so that each property in a given rank will be seen by approximately the same number of eyeballs. The algorithm can use lots of information...does a listing have "holes" in the calendar that need to be filled? Does the potential guest tend to click on listings with warm colors, or cool colors on the main photo (warm colors get more clicks by the way). Has the guest previously stayed in similar listings? Etc. There are hundreds or thousands of data points that can go into the algorithm.

View Best Answer in original post

61 Replies 61
Chantal6
Level 5
Baguio City, Philippines

Hello,

I found my new listing at the bootom of the page of my old listing, after all the reviews. When I search for it, I find it listed on country so my guests can't really find it. So I went back to "manage listing" and made sure all the details mentioned my location.

I did recommend to Airbnb to change the wat they list the properties.

chantal

Well Ive use all the filters and still my propety is not coming up to be booked.  Ive been on this for 18 months and received 1 enquiry.  Can someone give me some advised as this is a great 3 bedroom property in Adelaide that is very cheap and yet I get nothing.

Natalie36
Level 1
Denver, CO

Any more insight from Airbnb on this? I've been hosting one home with them for two years, and that one does great. However, the new home I'm trying to help a friend manage doesn't show up at all, and it's in a very high-demand and pricey neighborhood. What's up, Airbnb? Can you help us out?

I have the same problem and have to say that I am very disappointed in the lack of response from Airbnb on this issue, or the ability to pass on this problem to technical support.

My listing was working fine until July, and then all the enquiries stopped. If I log in as owner and search - the listing appears, BUT when I log out and do the EXACT same search - it does not appear. I use IE, but the browser is not the problem since it works fine when I am logged in. This is an Airbnb problem.

And yes, my proprty shows "listed", in fact I put it on "snooze" for a few minutes before relisting it to see if resetting helps.

There are extensive discussions on this point I'd recommend reading some of the old threads. There is also an article in “ Community Help Guides - Airbnb Community” that might help you understand your situation. There does seem been sone new and rather draconian additions to the ranking criteria including getting urbanized for cancelling.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#M311
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

There are extensive discussions on this point I'd recommend reading some of the old threads. There is also an article in “ Community Help Guides - Airbnb Community” that might help you understand your situation. There does seem been sone new and rather draconian additions to the ranking criteria including getting urbanized for denying booking requests.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#M311
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

I am sure that the explanations provided explain a good percentage of the "missing" listings, and I have followed all these hints to find mine, and even contacted Airbnb "support" - who repeated the above suggestions. But they would never acknowledge that my listing would not show up - at all. They kept repeating it must be my fault, or the browser, etc.

Actually, it would show up if I was logged in. But if I logged out and then did the identical search - no listing! Which explains why my number of enquiries dropped from 10/wk in June to 0 (yes ZERO) in July (you know, high season in the Hamptons).

And although Airbnb would not admit it, it became clear from the hints, that I was being punished for rejecting many potential guests in June. I realized that I would be punished for the rejections by having my listing downgraded, but it is not stated anywhere by Airbnb that your listing will be DELETED for rejecting guests.

And guess what, my "sentance" was commuted in August when I started to get enquiries again.... Full disclosure - I threatened Airbnb with complaints to the FTC and to NYS Division of Consumer Protection.

So, to all you mentors, yes - many newbies post the same question, what do you expect? But , in this case, there is more to the problem than the standard newbie issues.

Pia8
Level 4
Auckland, New Zealand

I have not rejected a lot of people, I'm a superhost, I have 22 five star reviews and I have the same problem of people not being able to find my listing.

I am  having the same problem here in South Lake Tahoe with only 16 houses shown as available but mine is not one of them. Did you find out why this happens?

Chantal6
Level 5
Baguio City, Philippines

It is so difficult to contact Airbnb directly and get a response. OnAirbnb  facebook I was told I needed more reviews for my listing to appear...that makes NO sense!!!

How can people book and write reviews if my listing is invisible???!!!!

I have the same problem. I place an ad on airbnb here and when I search it, it was there instantly BUT when I realise I need to ad something to the Basics ( instead 7 people I put 6 ) and to change the price as well, after those changes were made, my listing was not in the search anymore. I'm not sure if because I made the changes after the ad was listed was the problem ... can you airbnb tell me if changes after the listing is published are allowed? I mean price changes or basics changes not changes applied to the description or stull like that ... I need to know that in order to place an ad correctly and know what kind of changes I can ad after the the listing is published. thank you and sorry for my english

My listing does not appear to show up, I have a total of 9 rooms, sometimes only 1 show up .

All rooms @ Savoy never show up.

Please help.

Thanks.

Chantal6
Level 5
Baguio City, Philippines

n annoying problem which Airbnb is NO help. What I did was write the links to all my listings on the listing that appears and ask my clients to check other options before the book.

No one seems to be able to sort out this problem:(

Carolina70
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Same thing is happening to me, my flat does not appear when I search as a potential costumer. Has anyone found a solution? Have you heard from Airbnb? 

Thanks!!

Chantal6
Level 5
Baguio City, Philippines

an annoying problem which Airbnb is NO help. What I did was write the links to all my listings on the listing that appears and ask my clients to check other options before the book.

No one seems to be able to sort out this problem:(