New Host: Address release

Nae2
Level 2
Monterey, CA

New Host: Address release

Hi host friends,

we are new to the hosting world and needing some insight on how the check in process typically looks. We are wondering when exactly will our guest have access to our exact location address? We have a lot of back to back guests and are a little nervous our address will get released too early. Do guests receive it 24hours prior to their trip? Or if their trip isn’t for 2months but their trip is confirmed then they get it 2months ahead of time? 

Any feedback is welcomed! 

3 Replies 3
Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Nae2

If it is possible for you, as i know, i try to answer as understand your questions, if i do well. 

After booking, a guest can automatically see your address. But also you could give your guest more explication about direction.  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Debra15
Level 2
Connecticut, United States

About a week before my guests arrive, I sent them all the info they need on how to access the apartment and what they need to know.  The check in time is posted on airbnb but I remind them when I chat with them the week before their arrival.  if there is another guest in the room before them, I tell them so that they do not decide to show up early.  

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Nae2Yes, your guests will have access to your address as soon as they book with you. 

I second what @Debra15 says: just send them an email a couple of days before outlining check in rules to remind them what the times are. Out of about 150 reservations, I have only ever had 1 guest turn up early, and they still weren't so early that they crossed paths with the other guest: the cleaning just wasn't finished yet.