Refund not received, although promised by airbnb

Dejan3
Level 1
Belgrade, Serbia

Refund not received, although promised by airbnb

Host cancelled my reservation (it was instant booking), airbnb stepped in, said they'd refund the total amount I paid within 5 biz days. No money refunded so far (more than 7 days passed). It seems impossible to reach them again through the website, contact phone is well hidden somewhere.

How should I proceed?

57 Replies 57
Ella40
Level 1
Dasmariñas, Philippines

it's been 15business days and I still haven't gotten my refund, I have a trip in 13days and I still don't have accommodation. I emailed them and said check with the bank. which I will do today.

On which email did you wrothe them?

Doreen36
Level 2
Muntinlupa, Philippines

Hi Ella!

Did you ever receive your refund? Just want to know because I cancelled my bookings and been waiting for my refund for 8 days now. How long should I wait? 

Hi, is your money refunded?

I have not got my refund, there is no custumer care number where i can call, i called the hotel they said they can do nothing. 

Can anyone please help me 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Vandana6,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I'm very sorry to hear that you've not yet received your refund. Usually, it can take a little while before you receive your refund. I was able to find a very helpful topic about 'When will I get my refund'. Also, the 'How to contact Airbnb' guide explains methods you could try to contact Airbnb. 

I hope this is helpful! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

use my company, Airbnb sucks for customer care

Naomi90
Level 1
Guildford, United Kingdom

I cancelled my booking due to being over charged  by a misleading price on the website. I cancelled my booking and received half of my refund. I am entitle to a full refund due to cancelling within 24hours. I’ve spent hours on the phone to management and staff. To resolve nothing. They haven’t helped me. Just made me wait around for all call backs that I’m yet to revive. I’m appauled by the company. 

Hi Naomi we are having a similar issue did you have any luck. We are feeling very upset. 

At least they returned some of your money. They have returned $0 of mine and are telling me that they do not intend to. Air B&B has become the worst experience I have ever had. I cannot get anyone to follow through on what they say, they won't let me speak to a supervisor/manager and every customer service rep is telling me different things at different times. 

@Alanya0 that must be very frustrating.

Who is the "they" in "they do not intend to"? The host or Airbnb?

And what is the situation you are in? How did you get to the point where you feel you are owed a refund and why are they not offering one?

Honestly the worst company i ever dealt with. My son got a hold of my phone and purchased an airbnb i was looking at. I immediately contacted host. No response by the scammer. They ignored on purpose. Airbnb customer service was terrible. Out of 600.00 i got refunded 120.

Never using them again 

First, how was the price misleading?  The rate shown on the listing is the nightly rate and all of the taxes and fees are added to the total right before confirmation, which is in line with how hotels do their billing as well (I'm using this as an example, not saying that this is your situation).

Second, how far in advance of the trip did you book and cancel?  If there's a strict cancellation policy, which seems to be the case with this one, the 48 rule ONLY applies if the reservation was made more than 14 days prior to arrival.  If it's within a week of arrival, you only get half back.

I thought I had the same issue as I was unable to find the transaction on my statement. However, it is credited to the date you booked and paid. Therefore, I paid in Jun 2017 and the booking was cancelled in Dec 2017. Airbnb stated they refunded the money in Dec 2017. On my statement, it isn't on the date they said they refunded it (Dec 2017), its actually back dated to Jun 2017, thus it was the very first transaction on my statment record.

I think this is the link I used in order to get in touch with someone at Airbnb.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/contact_us

Just went through the exact same thing. I'm very glad I saw your response on here!