Special Offers

Avril0
Level 1
United Kingdom

Special Offers

I have a person wanting to book for 6 weeks but my price is too high for the length of his stay so I want to offer a discount. I looked on the help and it said to open the email thread and click on Attach a special offer tab. But there is no such tab on the email threads. Has anyone else offered a special offer and if so how did you do this. There is no way to email airbnb on their website.

Regards Avril

34 Replies 34
Andrea603
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

The ONLY solution to this topic is:

1- You send a message to your guest to inform that you will decline the request in order to send a special offer

2- You DECLINE the request

3- A window pops up asking for the reason, UNBLOCK the dates and confirm

4- You open again the conversation with your guest in the inbox section

5- The SPECIAL OFFER will be at the bottom of the Reservation Details just after the price 

It happen to me and I called the customer service, they were also struggling in give me an answer... 

Rob-and-Sam0
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

I sent a special offer to my guest and he booked but then he was charged the regular rate. How do I refund him the difference

Pete26
Level 2
San Luis Obispo, CA

The problem with airbnb is they don't give a **bleep** about any of us, or they are or hire fools to do simple things. Some guests do not want to book unless they get a special offer. Until they book there is no 'messages' place, only a bunch of emails. So the system does not work and won't until the heartless **bleep** at airbnb get it together and fix these issues. 

Hello!!! Anyone at the corporate monster listening? Anyone? You have to give us the option to set a special price BEFORE the guest books or they won't book and therefore we cannot give a special offer. Get it? Anyone there? 

One simple way to fix this would be to put any requested stays on the booked list as a contingency, then we could do what is needed to do. But they do not show up until they book. Get it? Nice little catch 22 going on.

Oh, and I see they have disabled the automatic spell check on this idiot page, unlike the rest of the planet. Great work airbnb.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Pete26,

My name is Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here in the Airbnb Community Center.

I am sorry to hear your frustration around Special Offers and I can understand you point here. 

I know you have shared a little more information around how you would like it to work, but if you could provide more of an overview it would be great to gather more input from the rest of the community. Plus, I would be happy to pass this back to the team. Also, I am not sure if you know, but we have ideas board here in the Community Center called Host Voice, where the community can support ideas and the most popular at responded to by the Product Team. 

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully can work towards improving this. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I am having the same issue. There are 2 different sets of instructions - neither one of them work! I don't get a special offer button on either the app or the web site. This really is frustrating. 

Did you get your problem resolved?