my listing doesn't show in a search

Answered!
Melissa247
Level 2
Old Orchard Beach, ME

my listing doesn't show in a search

Help!  A past renter wants to book for tonight, but she can't find my listing (nor can I)

why isn't my listing appearing in a search?

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Melissa247 Your listing is showing in search results!  Here's a picture.

Salty air suites.JPG

In searches, guest need to enter their dates and the number of guests and if your listing meets those preferences, it will appear. I searched your location for an Entire Home, 6 guests for May 26 to May 28 and your listing popped up on the first page. 

If you want your guest to go directly to your listing without going through search, send them this link: 

www.airbnb.com/rooms/13842952   this is the direct link to your listing. 

For more information on how search works, see this link: 

http://blog.atairbnb.com/how-search-makes-the-best-matches/

Hope this helps!

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Melissa247 Your listing is showing in search results!  Here's a picture.

Salty air suites.JPG

In searches, guest need to enter their dates and the number of guests and if your listing meets those preferences, it will appear. I searched your location for an Entire Home, 6 guests for May 26 to May 28 and your listing popped up on the first page. 

If you want your guest to go directly to your listing without going through search, send them this link: 

www.airbnb.com/rooms/13842952   this is the direct link to your listing. 

For more information on how search works, see this link: 

http://blog.atairbnb.com/how-search-makes-the-best-matches/

Hope this helps!

Hi 

Do you know why my listing doesn't appear when i search anytime?

Katie

I am having the same issues.  I can't find my listing anywhere??  How can I get more traffic to my listing if it isn't showing up?

Thank you!

Kayla

@Kayla41, I was able to find your listing, but I had to move the map. When a guest searches for homes in Bellevue NE, the map by default covers quite a large area with a lot of listings. Only the top 300 listings appear when there are too many listings, so if you listing is not highly ranked, it will not show up.

When I moved the map, it limited the number of listings to only 37, and your place was #24 of 37. Your listing still has the "New" tag (which really helps your ranking). 24 of 37 is not really a great ranking for a listing with the "New" tag, so I am concerned about how well the listing will show when the "New" tag goes away.

I am not familiar with your area, so you should probably look at the listings nearby and try to figure out why those listings are ranking higher than yours. If you search on this board for discussions on "search ranking" or "improve ranking" or "improve listing" or things like that, you will find a lot of discussion on how to improve your visibility.

Also, feel free to start a new question asking for advice about your specific listing. Use the "Start a conversation" button to ask your own question, instead of just being part of this old discussion thread.

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 10.33.56 AM.png

Thank you so much Matthew!   I am not sure why it isn't higher except it is brand new and I only have one review.  How do you suggest I get more reviews?  I have also lowered my price a bit which it is now fairly low for a lake entire house cottage but I wanted it to be viewed and get reviews.  I really appreciate your help Matthew!  🙂    Ok, I will check those question threads becuase yes, I need to get more visablity!  Thank you!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kayla41,

Welcome to the Community Center!

There sure are a lot of helpful guides created by experienced Airbnb hosts. Many hosts find 'A Host's guide to Airbnb' and '25 tips to get booked' very useful. There are a couple of ideas that you could implement such as the ones on this topic.

I hope you find this helpful!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Also Matthew do you suggest Instant booking or not??  Thanks!  

@Kayla41 I have used Instant Book from the very beginning, so I cannot compare it to non-Instant Book. But we have been happy with the quality of the guests we have been getting, and AirBnB says that turning on Instant Book is one of the surest ways to increase your ranking in the search results. (You also get all the other benefits AirBnB throws at your for having Instant Book on.)

Thank you so much Matthew for that feedback!  Good to know, I go back and forth with the instant book.....ok it is good to know.  I guess the quality of people is good to know that is what I was worried about, thank you so much!

Ken21
Level 2
New York, United States

Hi! I'm an experienced host but I can't find my listing (any of them) in the search results. I was checking to see that my shortened minimum trip length took effect for the end of the month and discovered this problem.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/264323

@Ken21 Your listing is showing in search results!  It takes more guest preferences to find your listing since it is in New York....the third largest city for Airbnb listings after Paris and London, but it is there: 

Comfortable Manhattan.JPG

Hope this helps!

Dalyn0
Level 2
Vancouver, CA

i am having the same issue. i can NOT find my listing. I have dates open for august 18-19. pet friendly whole home in east vancouverbc. pet friendly. myself and my friends are unable to locate it on the site. why!? what do i do???

@Dalyn0 Your listing is there.  Here's a screen shot: 

https://goo.gl/5i8uj4

Wondering if you found a resolution? 

I found that with my two properties, both are pets allowed, when I search pets allowed as a feature my properties disappear from all search results. However when not marking pets allowed it showed up. 

I have had an open ticket with Airbnb fur over a month! And nobody seems to care. Our bookings have dropped to 1/4 of what it should.