my listing is not in search results

Barbara15
Level 3
Tbilisi, Georgia

my listing is not in search results

I can not find my listing in search results (id 1858907), it used to be on first pages usually and i always had 5 star reviews, lately I haven't got any requests, no wonder, i am not in search results on 17 pages. If I zoom in the map on my street (and not neighborhood), then my listings comes up on the very last page, but this is not a help. Who is searching like that? I have  a feeling that airbnb is tricking hard. How can this incomplete listing appear before mine: (id 9325705)? My friend have the same problems with their listings, and they are also experienced airbnb users for several years already. I was told that airbnb has technical problem with search results (they only show 17 pages) and they are trying to fix it. But, I don't believe this. I think there is something else going on here. I am very disappointed!

140 Replies 140

@Philippa26. One of the key preferences are the dates.  No matter what else you enter for preferences, if your listing isn't available for the dates entered, your listing will not appear. 

I would recommend re-visiting your additional guest charges.  How often do you get an inquiry or reservation request for 1 guest? I have an Entire Home listing that accommodates 4 guests.  My nightly rate is for 4 guests, regardless if there are 1, 2 or 3 guests.  

If you normally get 4 guests, I would price for that number and charge extra for additional guests beyond 4.  Charging for additional guests beyond one might turn off guests since your listing can accommodate 8.  Just something to think about. 

Cheers, 

Clare

@Philippa26. Not sure if you got my previous message, but your listing does appear in search results.  I searched for an Entire Home, 8 guests for September 1 - 3 and your listing appeared: 

Lavit.jpeg

When you search for your listing, be sure to search as a guest would:  Where do I want to go?  When do I want to go  and for how long? How many guests will there be? What type of property do I need?  What kind of amenities do I want?  What am I willing to pay?

So long as your listing matches these criteria, it will show in search results.  

I hope this helps!

Clare

G19
Level 2
Byron Bay, Australia

HI 

@Clare0

I am also not seeing my listing until the last one on the last page and sometimes not at all ?

Can you tell me what i am missing in my options?

Or who do i contact ?

Thanks Georgia 

Elisabetta0
Level 10
Genoa, Italy

Same issue hete since October. It has nothing to do with slow tourists season, since i'm getting bookings from other platforms. But nothing from airbnb. I read this topic coming up every week from all over the world, it must be something serious, cannot tell if engineers or strategy related. So bad.

I have the same issue, on and off. I have been listed since 2012 and my guest house is the only rental available in my town that has no traditional b&bs or other airbnb hosts.  Guess what? Sometimes it doesn't even come up when I zoom into the town on the map! I gave my listing a "push" buy putting it on Instant Book and then it appears again. When I take it off, it completely disappears! I think airbnb has so many bugs but they don't care because a guest will always find another host......except not in my town because I'm the only one!

Oh and my big holiday bookings did not come from Airbnb this year.....for the first time.

Hello I have read all your stories , i thought i was the only one !! I have 6 listings in cork that were getting regular bookings for weeks then suddenly bookings have dried up , i have done many searches putting available dates and filters but still nothing , i complained of this last week and had a message from a guy called Mark telling me how to search ! Well i know how to search , have searched many times occasionally one or two of my listings will show up if im lucky !!

this is simply not good enough , i can get better service from other sites airbnb can you resolve this please , we are all losing MONEYYY !!

We are having the exact same problem and it all started about a week ago. We have two listings for two separate accomodations on our property and both have been no problem at all to find for the past 4 months until last week. Both listings would pop up on the map right away if you scrolled a little to the east side of Toronto. As of last week, our listing for the " Beautiful, Poolside Studio Flat" is almost non existent unless I double click 4 times to zoom in over our street. This has never been the case before. I have been speaking with Airbnb and they say they have no problem finding our listing yet, our views and saves to wish lists have dropped to almost zero in the last week. The few views indicated are from me trying to find the listing. Airbnb has said they will look into it but, I should not expect to hear back, if at all, until the new year. Our other listing for the "Beautiful, Bright Apt. w/parking" pops up right away as it has done for months with many views and saves to wish lists. I do not understand how one listing appears to be functioning fine yet, our listing for our "Beautful, Poolside Studio Flat " has literally fallen off the map. If anyone can offer some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

It's worse than that. I actually searched for the NAME of our lodge and it popped up in the search bar and I selected it. I was taken to our area but our place did not appear! Only other places. That looks like criminal practice! In actual fact they are using my name to advertise other places.

Does anyone have a suggestion what to do?!

The problem I found was that my category had been changed from single room to whole house, so nobody was interested in my listing as I wasn't a whole house. I changed the status back to single room and now it appears in the single room search. Check what category you are listed under.

Matt
Andrea222
Level 2
Miraflores District, Peru

I have had exactly the same problems since the same dates this discussion has been going on. I thought it was only me fighting against airbnb telling me that everything is ok. 

I am in Lima, Peru and the location of my place is one if the most popular ones in town. I have been in airbnb for 2 years or so and always have had inquieries and requests of bookings, always a preety good flow of interested people and actual bookings. Since the end of last year (2015) suddenly NO ONE even asked for information about it. not a single inquiry. it seemed so weird to me. I have exchange lots of emails with them and also phone calls; airbnb insists that everything is ok and that maybe my search is not right. for God sakes ive been on the platafrom for 2 years, i know exactly hoe to search. My ad just dont appear most of the time or it is found in the last pages 16-17. 

In the meantime, OTHER PLACES HAVE THEIR ADS SHOWN IN THE 1ST, 2ND, 3RD PAGE AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Something is going on! maybe we could get together and complain to airbnb. 

This is happending under any kind of search, with or wothout filter. 

I am guessing Clare is an airbnb representative and the answer is not satisfactory for most here. Is not about the filter. It seems to be "fixed" one day and the next one we dont appear in search results at all! 

doesnt matter what the system is telling airbnb staff, we are not getting ANY inequieries, or requests at all, NONE when we used to get lots before. Is their web what is failing and they have to provide a stasifactory solution soon. This has been happening for months already

Anna204
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I need an email address and phone number for Airb&b? can someone assist?

@Anna204 Click on the link below to see all the ways you can contact Airbnb including support numbers worldwide.

Anna204
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you!

Billie-Jo0
Level 1
Seminole, FL

I am also having trouble finding my condo!  I haven't booked anything in months and when I went searching for it today, I cannot find it anywhere! My listing #8045085 has been booked several times and now it's just disappeared to everyone but me!