AirBnB calendar does not sync to VRBO!

Alex4
Level 2
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

AirBnB calendar does not sync to VRBO!

I am soliciting ideas. . . .

I have a listing with VRBO, as well as AirBnB. However, my AirBnB reservations are not showing up in my VRBO calendar. 

I spoke with VRBO, and they said that AirBnB knows about the problem, but has not provided VRBO with a working iCal link.

Does anyone have a workaround for this problem?

68 Replies 68
Tanya-and-Alex0
Level 5
Sofia, Bulgaria

Hey Alex, 

What is actually the problem - do you get an error message at VRBO? Normaly you just have to copy the link of your airbnb calendar and paste it into the synchronisation settings of the VRBO calendar. I haven't heard that there are any technical issues with the synchronisation...

Cheers

Tanya

Please help!

Here is the response from HomeAway/VRBO:

Actions

I have the same problem.  My airbnb calendar can import from homeaway.com, but homeaway.com cannot import from airbnb.  The error message i get on homeaway is:  

"We were not able to connect to that calendar service. Please check the URL you entered and try again."

I also emailed homeaway support and they said something similar that airbnb knows about the problem so talk to them....sigh.  any help to get this resolved is appreciated!

Same situation with Wimdu.  The ical import does not work Airbnb to Wimdu

Justin, I have the same problem.  It was working a few weeks back with vrbo and then it just stopped for both of my listings with the same error message you are reporting.  Does Airbnb have a response or work around that you know of?  Vrbo suggested synching with goggle calendar and then importing that into vrbo/homeaway.  I will give it a try.  How do we get in touch with tech support at airbnb or do we just assume they keep up todate on these postings/trouble log chats?

Colleen

I'm having the same problem too.  It stopped syncing a few weeks ago.  Was working fine before then.  I've called VRBO and Airbnb host support and they have both agreed that this is a known issue and that the problem is on Airbnb's side.  Airbnb confirmed tonight that this is a known issue on thier side with no ETA on getting it fixed. I have multiple properties on both Airbnb and VRBO so this is a big inconvenience trying to manually keep the calendars synched.  

Any updates to this? Experiencing the same export issue from AIRBNB

john G

having the same problem syncing airbnb properties with VRBO.  One observation:  the url given by airbnb when the 'export calendar' option is selected is:  https://www.airbnb.com/calendar/ical/11386510.ics?s=64c9f3260c6b228f6bd1f5a8e6364ac3  .  Shouldn't it end in "ics"???  Wondering if this is part of the problem??????

I'm having the same problem

I don't think Airbnb is going to do anything about it. I am having the same problem and I turned off Instant Book at Airbnb because my full week reservation requests on vbro have priority. In fact I am using two other sites with better service, without the numerous site and app glitches that Airbnb has. As long as you don't have Instant Book on any of the sites you are OK...it just takes a few seconds to check the other calendars before accepting a reservation.

Could you say what other sites you use? I'd love to know. Thanks. Melanie

We are only using  VRBO now, but apparently airbnb fixed the sync issue after we unlisted with them.

They don't collect taxes or our cleaning fee so we're done with done.  We have used Rentini.

same

Seems to me that airbnb isn't really interested in resolving this issue. Even though their calendar's export to VRBO did work for a few days, it has stopped working. Trying to export it again only results in the message that the calendar is already synced. Funny that Airbnb IMPORTS other calendars just fine. No help from airbnb, no work arounds, no acceptance of their responsibility to fix it. Looks like airbnb just doesn't want us using their competitor's system.