Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

11% Tax Fee for Guest in Austin Texas

11% Tax Fee for Guest in Austin Texas

Hi! 

I was hoping someone can help me with this question. From my understanding Airbnb only takes out the 6% state taxes, and not the 11% city taxes. I was on the phone with Airbnb support, and they told me we have to add the 11% fee tax manually in our description in order to charge the guest the 11% taxes, if not, we as host have to pay for the 11% at the end of each quarter. I wanted to know how other host in Austin Texas go about this? Please let me know as this would be super helpful. Thank you so much! 

Best,

Gia and Andre 

5 Replies 5
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Gia-And-Andre0 👋

I hope this finds you well. I found these 2 articles on the Airbnb Help Center that may support you with finding the answer: 

Rules | Host | Austin, Texas

Occupancy tax collection and remittance by Airbnb in Texas

Please let me know if this helps 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ana39080
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Gia-And-Andre0 

Hi guys, I wondered if you guys found the answer to this question? I'm in the same boat researching for an answer. Thank you for any insight.

See my answer above.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

You can turn on Professional Tools, after which you will have entry fields under Taxes you can fill in to indicate any extra taxes.

I saw your homepage is very good, I want to see your house for rent, I can't see it on Airbnb, I just saw other people's comments on your house in the community, if you have any vacant houses, you can contact me