Airbnb Payouts PAUSED! More than $100K WITHHELD!

Ariana42
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Airbnb Payouts PAUSED! More than $100K WITHHELD!

Airbnb has not paid out on any of my reservations since September 20, 2022.

I have over $100,000 of payouts that are being withheld.

Airbnb initially wanted me to clarify my business relationship with my management clients and partners. I responded back in the messages and did not receive a response back. Then without notice, I received a message saying my payouts are paused.

I have called Airbnb almost every single day and have not received any sort of solution nor have I made any progress.

Who else is having this problem?

Can ANYONE from Airbnb help me get this sorted out? This is absolutely insane! You are treating your hosts who are pulling multiple 7 figure revenues like they don't even matter.

39 Replies 39

Yes they requested an updated KYC form which I completed and submitted early September however they’re claiming that their records show I didn’t do it which resulted in my payouts being paused. 

you would then think the next logical thing would be to “send another KYC form for me to fill out right?” However they claim that only the compliance department can assist going further and I have to wait to hear from them. What’s even more frustrating is it doesn’t seem like host can communicate with this so called “compliance department”.

They now owe me more than $18,000 after hosting 16 groups over the past 5 weeks. I do not know what to do!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Gosh, more of you also not been paid.

@Ariana42 @Luis-Rodrigo2 @RobandJen0 @Errol37 @Carla-Elsabeth0 @Hayley1 

I received information from Customer Support Ambassador claiming they needed Gvt Photo ID to verify who I am, yet I've been a host for coming up to close to 5 years.

Using the Know Your Customer / KYC clause is a cop out from ABB because we are 'Existing Customers'.

It's also pushing the limits claiming to need a Selfie to confirm who one is through Biometrics with one's Government ID because one's Identity belongs to oneself and ID procedures have already taken place in our own countries when opening up our Bank accounts - which incidentally are 'verified' in accordance with our own countries processes as been Legitimate documents belonging to ourselves.

Here's part of the message I received.

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

They owe me over $30,000 and we still have not gotten any penny. And upper management is quiet about it, does not reach out or apologize. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Errol37 

I've responded to another comment you left about this - I'll follow up if I hear anything back - and I hope this is all sorted out for you soon.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I am going through this very problem. i can't believe how many of us are reporting issues and getting inadequate help and solutions.

Carla-Elsabeth0
Level 2
Ede, The Netherlands

Hi @Ariana42 Ariana

im facing the same problem since 6 september up to now

I’m promised help but no one comes back to me and the message thread is closed and merged with a thread that is not read and answered by anyone. 

i was promised to be called by a supervisor but that call never came. 
I have guests who paid but I don’t get paid.

I just don’t know what to do 

@Ariana42 @Helen427 @Luis-Rodrigo2 @Errol37 @RobandJen0 

my payout problem is finally solved. It lasted from 6 September - 13 October

My main problem is the bad communication to us hosts. Every Support Ambassador was friendly, apologetic and willing to help. I communicated with more than 10 of them. 
They promised to stay on the case and keep me updated. 
This never happened, instead the message thread was closed the next day and merged with a message thread that was never ever read by anyone!
This happened all the time. 

What I needed is:

-An explanation why this happened,

-What can I do about it

-What the higher department is doing about it

- How long can it take

I never received any answer to this

At the end I asked to be called by a supervisor. I was promised to be called but 
nothing came. 

Communication to us hosts should be better. We deserve more explanation and we deserve to be assigned to only one Support Ambassador. 

I hope this will be changed one day. 

Hi @Carla-Elsabeth0 may I ask what happened, or what you did to solve the issue?

My payouts are still paused and there is no light at the end of this tunnel yet. Any insight into what happened for you to get resolved would be helpful for all of us.

Thank you.

Hi Ariana, Helen and other victims of AirBnb’s automated system of algorithms. 

I’m not sure I can give you the trick that helped but below is what I did:

I was really very frustrated after talking to many Support Ambassadors

I asked to talk to a supervisor, they promised to call me back, nothing came. 

When I really felt this is leading nowhere I decided to write down everything that happened in a document. 

I included:

- a serious complaint

- timeline of all the events

- relevant messages I received

- a list of all payouts I missed

It was a 9 pages long PDF, which I couldn’t send as an attachment

I opened a new message thread with the question how to send an attachment

Viviane B wrote me that she would send me an email, which I could answer and attach the PDF

She asked me some questions and promised to sort it out. 

This was on Tuesday

Wednesday I received an email about my pay-outs

Thursday I recieved the pay- outs on my bank account. 

Before this, I had contact with a number of support Ambassadors who kept on promising to stay on the case and to send me updates. This never happened, instead the message thread closed the next day

During this period I had re-entered 

-my passport 

-my bankaccount details. (I had seen a minor spellings mistake in my name)

This problem has all started since I received an email on 6 September, thanking me for confirming my account details, which I never did!!!!

But there were some questions:

They had seen my late husbands name on the bank account. They asked me who he was? Very strange question. 
I explained and received immediately an automated answer that it was okay and they would let me know if more information was needed. 
From that day my pay outs were paused. 

I don’t think it was my complaint document that helped but who knows? 

My main problem is that nobody could tell me:

Why this happened

Do they need more explanations

How long it could take 

No updates at all

It’s okay that they check us but they should keep us informed.

Good communication is the answer. 

This was my experience. 
I hope all of you will be paid as well soon

Kind regards

Carla Bukenya 

@Carla-Elsabeth0 

Can you  share the email address?

@Roxanne167 
Message below came from:
Airbnb Community Support

reply@support-email.airbnb.com

To send the attachment, I used:

reply-BRxYqO3MIZZf_ukJSUqlog@support-email.airbnb.com

message from Viviane:

Hi Carla. This is Viviane B from Airbnb. How are you?

You can upload your documentation here.

I'll be here to assist you.

Best regards,
Viviane B.
Viviane
Reply to: reply-BRxYqO3MIZZf_ukJSUqlog@support-email.airbnb.com

Mijn dank is groot! @Carla-Elsabeth0 

Thank you very much. I'm going to try all your recommendations. Hope this can help so it can be resolved.

@Roxanne167 

Im not sure she can help you but you can try. 

The problem is that once somebody tries to help, you loose contact and there is no follow-up and you will contact the next person, on and on…..
At the same time somewhere they’re working on your case but no-one can inform you what is happening. 

Wish you all the best

Luis-Rodrigo2
Level 2
Tulum, Mexico

My Payouts are Paused since September 7th 2022

I talked everyday to airbnb support and offered me to escalate my case, i talked to more than 100 people and no one has been able to help me.

No one has called me back to give a feedback....

So sad..!

Luis Rodrigo Ovalle Cavazos

I am having this same issue. I thought i was the only one that has spoken to 100 agents without being any closer to solving the problem. I do not even know why my account is paused, funny they can even tell you the most simple thing.