Airbnb did not process refund, support team not answering

Gelare2
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Airbnb did not process refund, support team not answering

I made a reservation for a 5 week stay and after arrival had to cancel our stay and look for another place because the place was missing a living room (a change that had happened between our two attempts to book this place between 2021-2022). In any case, I contacted the host, and asked for a refund. They didn't respond so I involved Airbnb. They mediated and notified me that the host has agreed to refund me 50% of their payout even though we had only spent 5 nights there. I agreed, the agent wrote to me that she had processed the refund and that I'd receive it between 5-10 business days. The agent even issued me a coupon for part of the Airbnb fees. This was on June 27. When I contacted them checking on my refund on July 8, I had to explain the whole process to multiple agents. One of them told me the previous agent had not processed my refund and they had to contact the host to authorize the refund. This is while trusting that the refund was processed I had already closed my case with Airbnb and wrote a review of the guest's place. I didn't say anything insulting,  just stating the facts about my experience there and why we had to stay at another place. Since July 8, each day I spend hours and hours on the phone and on the app following up on my refund and all I get is copy/pasted sentences to "rest assured" by their support team which seems to be entirely based in the Philippines. When I try to ask to be connected to a supervisor they drop my calls between 5-30 minutes of waiting on the phone. I messaged the host & asked for the refund of the amount they had agreed to but I haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping to involve Airbnb again after the host's  72 hours allowed response time. But it's been such a frustrating mess for Airbnb support to dismiss me like that and ping pong me between these agents. Does anyone have any tips or advices on how to process this and how to get a supervisor or someone in the US who would listen and authorize the refund so I won't have to explain this for the 20th time without getting anywhere? My other option is disputing the amount through the credit card since I have all the correspondences as proof.

1 Reply 1
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Gelare2, I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this. I just want to let you know that I have passed this on to the team for you. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen