Airbnb erroneous reduced my payout

Glenda212
Level 2
North Las Vegas, NV

Airbnb erroneous reduced my payout

I'm perplexed and hope to find some answers from my fellow hosts. 

I have a long term guest that reserved a property February - June. Late April, they made an alteration request which increased the rate slightly. Two weeks later, the returned to the original rental specs. Now in airbnbs wisdom, they discounted the remaining reservation and took the discount all the way back to February! This of course resulted in the guest not owing me for the last month's stay, practically. I am so done and don't have a clue how to get through to customer care. Every time I call I get someone new who eventually transfers the case to tech support who eventually closes it cuz they can't figure out how to fix it! They applied a discount on a discount and treated the alteration like a new request.

At this point the guest is living free and I want to ask them to leave. Any advice would be appreciated! 

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Glenda212 , How are you? 🌻

While we wait for other Host members to share their advice, did you happen to reach again or hear back from Customer Support since you posted? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika, I'm done with them. I am so disappointed in the level and quality of service I've received. As a new host, I relied on them to have my best interest at heart and they let me down. I will be removing my properties from the platform as soon as the rentals are done.

Thanks so much for being the only one who's reached out. I do appreciate it!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

I'm so sorry to hear @Glenda212 that it's yet to be resolved. Although I'm not exactly sure what could be the issue, I've raised your feedback with the Support teams as well, if they can have a closer look and get in touch once they've analyzed the problem. Hope it helps 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines