Airbnb stole my money(unfair trade practices) and broke the contract.

Airbnb stole my money(unfair trade practices) and broke the contract.

Please everyone I know it is not only me. Airbnb is using unfair trade practices. Airbnb has stolen my money and broke the contract several times already. I am voluntiring in Ukraine in paramedics team. While doing this I decided to rent on airbnb to have some money to pay the bills. It is already 4th time that airbnb steals money from me. It took 3 weeks to get the money from them on two cases they did not even gave compensation for their negligence. Airbnb support ambassadors are behaving negligently and it takes so much time for them to fix their mistakes. It took so much time and energy to get them to give money back. Please help me cause I can not afford this and it is very stressful. Right now airbnb ambassador send me that I will get the money but it is already 1 month and money is not sent, for 1 case. And today I just got a notification for another case where the guest cancelled a non refundable reservation and airbnb refunded her and fined me,  the guest lied and without even checking the information with me the reservation was cancelled from my side, it is already sencond time this happening. It is negligent behavior from airbnb they do whatever they want and then it takes me month to get the money(for cancellation, and the fine) this is very serious. Please help me cause airbnb is the biggest on the market and I need them to rent my place to pay the bills but they are constantly breaking the contract all the time. Please help me to get it to their managment to make a change. I also think that I need to sue them for damages cause I had so much stress from them that I had to take several days off, and it is terrible cause I am a paramedics and it is very important for me to help people, and it is too sad that I can not save lives because of airbnb behavior and their negligence.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Liana-And-Davis0 your story breaks my heart - Renting out your place while working in Ukraine and not getting paid is terrible. But wait, that's strange, you have 10 places available to rent.......

Everyone who hosts should get paid but less sob story next time please.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

How fortuitous for you that you stumbled upon ten properties to use as short term rentals just as you were going to Ukraine to volunteer @Liana-And-Davis0 

As Airbnb says in its T&Cs there are often delays in payments for new listings so there is no compensation due to you. It's important to read up on how platforms work before you sign up to use them.

Why did Airbnb payout out the guest that cancelled ? 

Have you done anything to address negative conditions highlighted in some of your previous reviews??

Airbnb checked the issue and they paid out in the end, but it took so much time for someone who actually cares and wants to fix others' representatives' mistakes. Still, this is not okay. It puts a lot of pressure on me and all this seems more time-consuming than some of the reservation costs. I had one reservation for around 10 dollars and the guest lied and got refunded automatically without airbnb checking it in the first place with me. And it is not nice it took a few days to get the money back, which means that guests will continue to lie and get money from others too. All of this would be avoided if the host was valued too. Looks to me very one sided that airbnb on any problem would decide by default to pay the guests, without even checking. I then have to wait as the other time for over a month to get my money. I know that this is not just me because I have heard it over and over. Some guests are also very rude about that fact, and it is rather sad. As a host, I am at a risk of many things as I could be left with a destroyed apartment and more, I need to feel secure that airbnb will help if any problem occurs. But it is sometimes rather the opposite. There are other platforms too, but airbnb is the biggest one and also has marketed itself as a safe place to rent, but it seems that airbnb uses a lot of unfair trade practices and its monopoly power. I understand that many people give up and continue hosting or some just give up hosting all together and give their place to management companies. It is not good, as there are many people that are not  big companies and all that airbnb was or planned to be, gets lost. I can see that more and more of airbnb has become like a platform for management companies rather than hosts because airbnb is not supporting hosts anymore. Me and my boyfriend rent out several places together of our relatives, including our place because we also want to help some people to get cheaper options and pay for our bills, so I would love, as many other hosts, would love too, for airbnb to value the hosts and be fair and transparent. That's why I opened this thread to help this community and also to those hosts that are not big companies to afford refunding the indicent guests unfairly. It would be terrible to incentivize guests to behave unfairly towards hosts.