Aircover a waste of time for hosts

Shaun462
Level 2
Tampa, FL

Aircover a waste of time for hosts

I recently had a situation, where a guest damaged my outdoor shower. They broke off the metal handle that turns the shower on and off and my cleaners found the handle on the floor with the water running for hours. 

I tried to submit a claim under my air cover for this, but was unable to because to start an air cover. You have to have a booking number to start the claim.

This is an outdoor shower and there are four units at this location. We have no idea which guest caused the damage and Airbnb's Customer Services says I have to know the guest in order to make a claim.

This outdoor shower cost me about $500 let alone the removal and install by the plumbers and the water lost. I should be able to make a claim but just because I don't know which gas caused the damage does not mean the damage did not exist.

I have not found anybody to give me a solution around this situation. If anybody out there has found a way around us are love to hear from you.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Shaun462 the only solution is to buy proper insurance and not rely on Airbnb. Even if they had accepted your claim they would only pay a depreciated amount.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Any insurance company would not process your claim if you don't know which guest caused damage I'm afraid so unfortunately Airbnb were correct not to consider your claim. @Shaun462