Aircover denied for no reason

Yoan260
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Aircover denied for no reason

I have been hosting for many years, we had a guest who broke items in our house, left a total mess. really unacceptable behaviour,

we carefully gathered pictures and invoices to back up our claim.

we submitted the claim with the 14 days deadline to submit a claim, my claim was accepted with this email:

1. Hi Jian, 

I'm happy to let you know that after a full review of all relevant documentation and communication, we’ve determined that your request qualifies for reimbursement under Host damage protection.

Based on the available information at this time, the total amount we’re able to provide for the damages you’ve reported is CAD 150.

This breaks down as:
    1. Mirror

Our aim is to ensure that you feel adequately compensated for any inconvenience or discomfort experienced during your stay. With this in mind, we are open to negotiating the claim amount to reach a resolution that you find fair and satisfactory.

Please feel free to share any additional information or details that you believe would support your claim and help us better understand your perspective. We are committed to working collaboratively with you to find a resolution that meets your needs and expectations.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reply to this email. I’m here to help.

Best,

and then a few days later the same agent Pearl T, asked for more info and we also cooperated.

1. Hi Jian,

Can you please Zoom out and send a picture again with Time-stamp. 

Regards,
    Pearl T

Within a few days, we submitted the zoomed out picture. then out of sudden Pearl T retracted the acceptation saying that we passed the 30 days deadline.

First no where on aircover says we have to submitt a zoomed out picture with timestamp within 30 days.
Second, I was only notified of this obligation on September 18th, and within a few days we submitted the picture with timestamp. It feels like the whole process asking for documentations seem just like they are doing on purpose to waste time and then suddenly say we passed the 30 days. 
When does the 30 days even start to count? 

Host cannot be held accountable for an obligation that was not asked of the host, what other weird and impossible things they are going to ask me to submit.

This situation is outrageous! Someone please help!

0 Replies 0