Automatic suspension unable to be removed after retaliatory review/rating is removed

Automatic suspension unable to be removed after retaliatory review/rating is removed

I want to check something I've been told by Airbnb support.  I received a 5 day listing suspension on Saturday that was based on a guest's retaliatory review.  I showed support how the review was retaliatory and prohibited by their review standards, and the review has been removed.  

However, they tell me that now, no one at Airbnb can remove the suspension and I just have to wait until the 5 days are over.  Has anyone else come across this?  Seems unbelievable.

(Anyone else want to just jump off a cliff after every interaction with Airbnb support?  I've been hosting for 10 years and it's taken such a nosedive.  The stress is really starting to affect me.)

2 Replies 2
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Emily159 so sorry you are dealing with this. Think positive: it is only a five day suspension. So many hosts post about being fully removed from the platform with no recourse.

As for the suspension, assuming it is a trust and safety issue, they can remove it. I had a situation and very fortunate to resolve it in two hours with suspension lifted.

The question is, how much stress and time it will take you. Let me know which cliff you are heading you, I might join you. Ugh

Thank you.  I had a feeling it was BS.  

At this point I would love to be fully removed.  So sick of being lied to, brushed off, harassed in the middle of the night (the guest's emotional support animal was spooked by a firework!) and ignored for hours and hours by "Support Ambassadors."