Beware: AirBnB collects funds from Guests, but does not payout Hosts

Roman149
Level 3
San Antonio, TX

Beware: AirBnB collects funds from Guests, but does not payout Hosts

HOSTS BEWARE:       AIRBNB IS NOT PAYING HOSTS.      I am not the only case; AirBnB owes me 100% of the price for a "confirmed" reservation July 9-22; which implies that AirBnB collected funds from Guest, but is not paying Hosts.   Many similar complaints have been posted in this site by other Hosts.

Even more frightening is the fact that many hours were spent trying to get answers from CS, and Managers of this Community: I have received only empty responses: a total blackout.

TRUST has been shattered: who would throw good money after bad accepting an AirBnB  reservation if it is probable that Host will not receive payment for it.?  How long can a business last without mutual (supply-demand) TRUST?

3 Replies 3
Nora86
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I had a similar situation with a payout. After a couple of weeks trying to get some help I posted in Twitter and I got an answer that did not make any sense but it was plausible. Apparently I had set my payout to trigger after USD$5,000.   You are right, nowadays, it is almost impossible to get timely assistance from Airbnb.  Hosts are on their own. 

Check out Furnished Finder. It host medical personnel and it's 99 dollars a year. That's all they require. The guest pays all other fees. 

Thomas2116
Level 2
Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Germany

I am also waiting for a payout. Haven’t heard from customer service at all. When you call them, they have no answer and tell you to wait for someone to message you. Well that was a week ago. If this was Airbnb waiting for their money, they would have added late fees already, deactivated my account and threatened me with a lawyer I am sure