Community experts

Answered!
Victoria2112
Level 2
Pont-l'Évêque, France

Community experts

Hi all,

I'm new here but I've been on airbnb and hosting since Feb last year. I'm just trying to understand exactly what a airbnb community expert is. I've received an email asking me to apply but I can't seem to find very much info about it anywhere so thought I'd ask here. 

Top Answer
Cristina941
Level 2
Carnaxide, Portugal

Hi

@Victoria2112 

I also received that invitation and tried searching for more detailed info.  which I was not really able to find.

However if you follow the link on the email where it  says apply, you will be redirected to another website and you'll need too follow the instructions there.

I really didn't doubt much as all links are from Airbnb and the information is there but in case anyone reads this and knows that in fact it is a scam kindly advise.

I did all the steps, including doing the language tests after you register and right now it is pending! They also mention in the end that the application is accept on demand basis so I am guessing it will take time to be approved and thus I am not getting my hopes up.

If you got the invite, great, I would advise you to get started in case you are interested because I don't really know if there is a limited nr of vacancies!!!

Wish you luck
Cheers
Cris

View Top Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Cristina941
Level 2
Carnaxide, Portugal

Hi

@Victoria2112 

I also received that invitation and tried searching for more detailed info.  which I was not really able to find.

However if you follow the link on the email where it  says apply, you will be redirected to another website and you'll need too follow the instructions there.

I really didn't doubt much as all links are from Airbnb and the information is there but in case anyone reads this and knows that in fact it is a scam kindly advise.

I did all the steps, including doing the language tests after you register and right now it is pending! They also mention in the end that the application is accept on demand basis so I am guessing it will take time to be approved and thus I am not getting my hopes up.

If you got the invite, great, I would advise you to get started in case you are interested because I don't really know if there is a limited nr of vacancies!!!

Wish you luck
Cheers
Cris

Thanks so much for your response, @Cristina941 ! 🙂

I've also completed the requirements so I guess my application is pending too.  I just thought I'd ask here as aside from the landing page that the link leads you to, there really doesn't seem to be much more info out there, which just seems a bit unusual in this day and age where you can pretty much find out everything about anything at the tap of a keyboard...  Anyway, we shall see, I guess... 🙂

Thanks again, 

Victoria