Covering additional cleaning costs

Covering additional cleaning costs

I'm just wondering how I cover extra cleaning fees once guest checks out? Does air cover do this? I can only see 'damage cover'

5 Replies 5
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Belinda319 Sorry, Airbnb does not cover cleaning fees or extra cleaning fees. 

This is interesting as airbnb do not request CC details from guests, nor do they supply the guest email address. What does everyone else do with extra cleaning?

@Belinda319  There's no fixed definition of what constitutes "extra" cleaning as opposed to routine cleaning, so trying to get money for it is usually a lost cause. 

You can specify in your listing and checkout instructions which cleaning tasks guests are expected to do before they depart. For best results, send the checklist as a reminder the day before they leave. As long as the instructions are simple and don't ask too much of people who just want to get out the door, most guests will do as you ask. But your base rates and turnover time should account for the inevitability that some bad messes will happen. And if you allow one-night stays, the odds are pretty high that you'll have a lot of those.

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Belinda319   I have successfully claimed for additional cleaning fees via the resolution centre twice.  On both occasions I was paid.  As @Anonymous  says, specify your requirements for guests in both your check out instructions and in your house rules.  I am not bothered by the small stuff at all and understand that things get missed/forgotten when trying to get packed and out the door.. however, I do have a red line, and my Housekeeper having to crawl around the floor picking up used condoms etc, dealing with urine soaked beds (washing machine available) and a total disregard for any instructions is one of them.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I've successfully claimed for dry-cleaning due to smokers on a couple of occasions. It wasn't as easy as you might think as there's no 'proof' of a smell, but I persevered and got lucky.