Dates in csv transactions download

Rob12298
Level 2
Shenton Park, Australia

Dates in csv transactions download

I have been on Airbnb for 9 years.

I am trying to get a sensible answer to the following problem.

topic: dates in csv transactions download

I have been arguing with Airbnb over the last week about dates in csv transactions download.

The issue is that I have just done another csv download and parsed the data and the date problem is still there.

The insert image is not allowing me to add my screenshot to illustrate the issue.
Ie if the date is on the left, it is a string (text) and incorrect,
and if the date is on the right, it is a number and is correct and the way Excel expects a date to perform.

This means I can't sort the data by date nor do date calculations because the data is not correct and not consistent.

I think this is an Australia wide and probably a world wide problem.

The lack of understanding on this by Airbnb is very disappointing.

Does anyone else have this problem?

**[Title and content updated for relevancy by Community Manager] 

2 Replies 2
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Rob12298 👋

I saw your comment on the introduce yourself thread but thought it would get more attention as a stand alone thread. So I've popped it here and updated the title, I hope that's okay. Hopefully, we'll be able to get some experienced Hosts to offer some advice/support to you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Rob12298 

The CSV files must be "converted" to Excel format. This requires you to manually manipulate the columns to make them wider. All the columns with dates (and some of the text columns too) have to be widened in order to viewed correctly in Excel. It's a pain. There also could be issues with the version of Excel you are using if it's an older version.