Electricity Consumption

Answered!

Electricity Consumption

Hi ,

I need to word out a clause in my listing for excessive electricity consumption .I currently have a Guest who has his own Electric Heater and my bill has just rocketed .

The apartment is on a pre paid meter system and the amount I spent in 4 days on Electricity purchases normally lasts me about 3 months or more.

I cant increase my listing price as there are many other listings in the area with similar prices.I am getting a Gas operated Heater for place .

Hope someone can help

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nathan2268  since one of my guests put his own portable cooktop-oven appliance on my kitchen sink and my cooktop, I added to my house rules: "It is forbidden to use your own electrical appliances like ovens, heaters, A/C etc..."

It reminded me of a hotel I visited many years ago where the only electrical socket was in the common hallway. Everything in a room like lamps and TV was wired directly. Smart move 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nathan2268 

Why is the guest bringing/using his own Electric heater ?

You should not allow it, assuming there is one present in the accommodation ?

You need to explain in the listing what the price of electricity is, how it is metered and how many KwH (or money) is included in the renting price. Then after the stay has finished you can charge guests via Resolution Centre. (but if they do not pay, it is not easy to get the money, as there is no actual deposit...)

Is it possible to let guests buy there electricity themself during the stay (by the prepaid system ? )

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nathan2268  since one of my guests put his own portable cooktop-oven appliance on my kitchen sink and my cooktop, I added to my house rules: "It is forbidden to use your own electrical appliances like ovens, heaters, A/C etc..."

It reminded me of a hotel I visited many years ago where the only electrical socket was in the common hallway. Everything in a room like lamps and TV was wired directly. Smart move 🙂

Waleed36
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I just got a guest a few days ago that turned on the Air Conditioner to 14 degrees and the fan to the highest level, then left the property all day whilst the temperature is generally pleasant at around 20 degrees.

Luckily, I have set some intelligent settings to have it turn off when no one is at the property and now added a rule to my listing to turn off electrical devices when not in use.

I'm planning to communicate this to the guest, but I'm not sure what would be the best approach.   

Waleed36_0-1641912442695.png

Viggo3
Level 1
Haugesund, Norway

Det bør stå i annonsen at strøm kommer i tillegg - hvordan få til det?

Mh Viggo

**[Name hidden due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]