Finding private notes made in the calendar

Answered!
Joanna38
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Finding private notes made in the calendar

Hello all, 

For my own private bookings i made notes in the Airbnb calendar and now i can't find how to access them. If i go onto the date i usually click on it and it says notes, but now it is not showing the notes i made a few months ago, it is only offering me the chance to add a note. Any idea how to find them? 

1 Best Answer

Hi @Joanna38 

Sadly, since the Summer 2023 release, Airbnb has totally removed much of the functionality previously available for notes. Unfortunately, you can't view notes for previous dates that are already passed; a huge issue for many hosts. They also removed the at-a-glance feature for notes. See the thread below:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Calendar-note-missing-from-the-calendar-v...

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi @Joanna38 

Sadly, since the Summer 2023 release, Airbnb has totally removed much of the functionality previously available for notes. Unfortunately, you can't view notes for previous dates that are already passed; a huge issue for many hosts. They also removed the at-a-glance feature for notes. See the thread below:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Calendar-note-missing-from-the-calendar-v...

Joanna38
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for your help. Can't work out how to toggle between notes and 'dot view' as suggested but would be great to persuade Airbnb to let us have the notes back. With many guests i often note what i have agreed with them so i don't have to scroll through all the messages

Hi @Joanna38 

I actually just made a suggestion to Airbnb to create a "notes view toggle" as a way to resolve the issue with missing notes. Sadly, that has not happened. Currently, you cannot view notes once a date has passed.

Seems to me this would be an easy way to resolve the problem, but I'm not a programmer, so maybe it isn't. 

This is ridiculous. What is the point of notes if you can't access them either from the past, or in the future is a reservation is booked on a date range that includes a note.

So now I have to make my own notes somewhere else so I can retain them, but then have that in front of me and reference it when I edit pricing (which can be several times as vacant dates get closer) or put them in 2 places, doubling my efforts/time.

This should be a basic feature available and with such a large platform, I can't believe it is like this.

Well, this is good to know. Luckily, I have been making notes on my tenant cloud account. 

It would be great if Airbnb had the feature for us to make notes and be able to search out the names of our previous guests with notes attached. Bookings with repeated guests would be a lot easier.

Thank you for suggesting that to Airbnb.  Do you think there will ever be a resolution to that?  Maybe if enough of us suggest it...