Guest Fee

Ramon471
Level 2
Coral Gables, FL

Guest Fee

Hello. Our home accommodates 8 guests, but we charge and additional fee per guests when there are more than 6 people. On several occasions guests have not been forthcoming about the number of people staying in the house. We currently have a booking for 6 people, but there are actually 8 people at the house. How should we proceed with charging for the additional fee. Do we ask for payment now during stay or after check-out? Please advise. Thanks.

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ramon471 

it is not possible to change the amount of guests on a reservation once the reservation has started.

So you need to charge the guest for the extra guests via the resolution centre, preferable as soon as possible.

Doreen152
Level 1
Milton, FL

Hello, I’ve had this problem several times. If you go on their reservation click details scroll to the almost bottom where it says request money. You can request the amount of money they owe that way it all goes through Airbnb. Air Bnb will send a message to your guest saying they owe you money. Ask for the exact amount of money that they owe you for the extra guests. If they do not pay, I believe they Will not be allowed to make another reservation until they do.

I would request it while they are there and then let them know that you requested it on the site for the extra or additional people. 

Thank you so much for your advice. 
Ramon. 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Ramon471 🙂

I don’t know if you have already mentioned it in your house rules but make sure to write that only registered guests are allowed. When guests book they have to confirm and accept the house rules otherwise they can’t book. 

When you get a booking then make sure to ask the guest straight ahead and to confirm how many guests they will be. 

Ramon471
Level 2
Coral Gables, FL

We definitely have not been collecting guest names. We have started sling for this on all upcoming reservations. 
Thank you.