HST, GST IN ONTARIO

HST, GST IN ONTARIO

Hi everyone,

I see in other listings in my area around my listing that there is no HST OR GST added under price breakdown in short term ( less than 30 days) , what is the reason ?! Although as I know recently the law has changed even if the income is less than 30,000 the tax must be collected by Airbnb?!

Also what is the occupancy tax in my area ( Milton, Ontario) Airbnb charge me this tax

4 Replies 4
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Hanan164 , usually hosts in the community also recommend to reach out accountants to get more accurate information. Have you consulted an accountant as well about it? 

While we wait for advise from other hosts, I wanted to invite a few hosts from Ontario,Canada who have visited our community recently if they can help with this question related to HST and GST in Ontario :  @Mary6673  @Tanner84 @Nicole3773 @Cole4401 @Debbie1316  @Minerva51 @Adrienne228 @Jyoti42 @Neda74 . Thanks in advance all for your kind help!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika, 

Yes, I have consulted my accountant, but still I need some help what is better for my situation !

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Hanan164 , thanks for sharing! What did the consultant say though? It'll give some ideas to other hosts 🌻

Hope other hosts are able to shed some more light on the topic.

I'd also recommend exploring the local host clubs and sharing your question with hosts near you to get a general idea : 👉Local Host Clubs 👈

Please keep us posted of your findings from local hosts! It will help hosts facing a similar question.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

All he knows is that the law has been changed, and the HST should be added on all listings from one-dollar income on Airbnb ( not 30,000$).