Has anyone gotten any governement covid relief funds that airbnb told us to apply for?

Keri-Terrell0
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Has anyone gotten any governement covid relief funds that airbnb told us to apply for?

Thus far, I've been unsuccessful in being able to complete the application process to receive covid relief via sba.gov. Has any other host receive any funding relief via sba?   

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

Admittedly a different country but there is help for UK hosts from Rishi via local councils. Takes about 10 minutes to apply

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Keri-Terrell0  I don't believe that your AirBnB income- which is considered "passive" income on your tax return- qualifies for any of the pandemic relief programs in the US. If you are running your AirBnB as a company- something like an LLC, then you might be eligible. I haven't researched this extensively, but to my general knowledge that's the way it works. 

Marianne-And-Simon0
Level 2
Cheddar, United Kingdom

Hi Mike & Jane - or any other UK host. Can you help with what COVID help might be available via local councils. Have you applied as an airbnb host, or holiday let? Does a property have to be business registered? Any help or guidance appreciated. Many thanks.

@Marianne-And-Simon0 If you are a Furnished Holiday Let and pay business rates then it is dead easy to claim. If you pay council tax but have been forced to close then there is a discretionary fund that might help you. Go to you local council's website (ours is South Derbyshire District Council) and look at their Covid Business Grant policies. Let us know how you get on.

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Marianne-And-Simon0  my local council has been a great help, a God send in fact. I recently received the November lockdown grant and a Tier 2 grant for severely affected businesses and now waiting on the January national lockdown grant, should be with me in the next 2 weeks. 

Always check your local councils website for what you are eligible to claim!