Help! I HAVE NO BOOKINGS

Chichi6
Level 1
Lagos, Nigeria

Help! I HAVE NO BOOKINGS

Hello all,

Hope you are all well?

I am so discouraged and worried, I have gotten only one booking and that was when I mistakenly put the price way below what it is supposed to be.

Since then,  I have gotten no bookings and very few views , just 76, in almost a month.

Is there something wrong with my listing?

2 Replies 2

@Chichi6  Yes, cancelling that booking was unfortunately a big mistake. Guests are already taking a leap of faith when they book a place with no reviews, but when they see that you canceled a guest just 2 days before arrival, they won't feel confident that booking with you is going to work out.

Depending on when this occurred, it might still be possible to post a response to the automated "review" that appears as a major blemish on your profile, and explain that you made a rookie error. You can also try offering a deeper discount for the soonest available dates - even if it doesn't pull in enough money in the short term, getting a few good reviews onto the record will dramatically improve your odds of attracting full-price bookings.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Chichi6  as Andrew said...but if it is too late to post a response/explanation, consider putting one in your listing description. Keep it brief and focused on the guest, how you are fully committed to providing a great experience, now that you've learned from your mistake. You really need a few good reviews now, to get your footing. Do whatever it takes. At this point, you have nothing to lose.