Help …. Monthly discount.

Answered!
Elizabeth2240
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Help …. Monthly discount.

I just had an experience that I blame airB& B for.   I never take monthly ( long term ) stays.     I relented while I was in hospital and my daughter took a family for 33 days between 2 months.   After looking at our break down , we realized AirB&B made a big mistake.  Guest only wanted 33 days.   Somehow, a 1500. A month discount was placed. I never put it in there and if you look on app it says 0 percent discount.   Well air B& B gave them 2 months discount!!! It should only be 1.. each 28 days is considered a month. So it should apply at 56 days.   Immediately I called and they said it was correct.  It got sent on to a supervisor.   I got a hold of guest and told him ( same day he booked) that there was a miscalculation and  we needed to cancel.  Well of course with a 75% discount, he insisted that we keep price, they wouldn’t budge!   Well AirB& B didn’t help.  Finally supervisor called  and  it would go on to  be looked at more.  Meantime guest is calling me a liar, not trustworthy etc.     i tried offering him a discount that was more reasonable .  The amount they would pay after our expensive meant a negative amount. 

so why did they give them 2 months discount? At 33 days.  Policy says EACH 28 days?  

why can’t customer service reps not see the issue and tell me and my guest that it stands  that if I cancel, the penalty applies? 

why customer service supervisor doesn’t get back to me? 

what can you do about guests that make me uncomfortable? prior to staying?  Calling me a liar etc… 

why does it say 0 % discount monthly but then give them1500. Discount.?   

Why are people so mean when a  mistake is made ( and they see the mistake) ?  Why do they treat hosts like a-holes ? 
rhetorical but I just don’t think like that!!!! 

why

1 Best Answer
Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Elizabeth2240.

I re-read your post a few times, and must admit that I have difficulty following what you are trying to explain.  I just visited your listings, and observed the following.

1. You don't have a maximum length of stay that's less than 28 days.  I was able to enter dates for several months, and could have been instantly booked.  You need to update the Trip length up the Pricing and availability tab of your listings' dashboards.
  2. You offer a weekly discount of 10% on one listing.  As @Huma0 noted, the discount is applied on the total amount of the reservation at the time of booking, and not on an incremental basis.  Debra300_0-1661615749458.pngDebra300_1-1661615789827.png
  3. You could have canceled the reservation on your own, and then called Airbnb CS to explain and get any penalties removed.
  4. Fyi, payments and payouts for long-term stays are processed every 30 days, and not 28 days.  The first payout will be the first 30 nights, plus any one time fees, such as for cleaning or pets.  On day 31, the payout will be for the next 30 nights or remainder of the stay, whichever is less.

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

View Best Answer in original post

37 Replies 37

I took off that $1500 discount so it won’t show up now. I only use the app and all along it showed a 0 percent discount,   

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Elizabeth2240 

If your maximum is set to 28 days and you have instant booking enabled, guests can go ahead and book a stay of 28 days but no more.

However, as the screenshot @Debra300 posted, at least one of your listings has a maximum of more than 28 days.

It's not that you can see prices but then have to request to book if it's over the maximum number of days. If it's over the maximum, the dates will show as blocked/unavailable and the guest would not be able to get to the stage that @Debra300 did when she took that screenshot.

It sounds like you do not have your settings at what you think they are...

Neither of my houses have ever had a maximum of 28 days.   She is not showing booking but price it would be.   I show maximum of 28 days.   But I changed it now to 14.  If it shows maximum over 14, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong! 
unfortunately , this mess is too much for me to handle.  Guest is threatening me.   

Thank you !    

i am beyond frustrated , feel unsafe.    I  do appreciate all’s help!  It’s just very confusing! 

I was told if I cancelled , I’d have a $1,000 fine, lose my Super Host and have my calendar blocked for 33 days.   Despite they made error!  

the problem is Customer Service saying different things to me and potential guest!!    

I’m saying they gave guest a $3000 discount.  2 month discount for 33 stay. 

i can’t host that.  I called AirB&B  , they couldn’t/ didn’t help. 
 Customer service told me different things . Told guests different  things. It escalated.  Guest is very mad!  Guest is threatening me! 

i shouldn’t have to host a guest that I’m not ok  with.   AirB&B has been zero support.  They finally cancelled them without penalty on either side.  But guest is still calling me.  I blocked him on 2 numbers.  He has called on other numbers.  

on my end, I have 10% weekly discount. A 0% monthly discount. Somehow 1500 discount was given for September ; 1500 for October . Though the stay was 33 days.  Policy states a month stay is considered 28 days.  2 months 56 . Etc 

I have no idea where this 1500 discount came into play!   I never put it in! 
so Customer Service couldn’t figure it out. 

Every guest who has wanted to book , has had to check with us.  

past 14 days.   I’m not sure why you could book longer .  
There are glitches  in system.  (?) 

im so frustrated.    I appreciate you trying to help. 

A similar situation happened to me.  AIRBNB autoset a monthly discount of $1,200.  I called AIRBNB and they said that I set the monthly discount. I did not.  They had me second guessing myself for a bit but after checking the community forum I noticed that I was not the only one with these $1,200 discounts being applied.  

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would take a hit on cancelling the booking @Elizabeth2240 

and then take screengrabs showing no monthly discounts and open a dispute with Airbnb to have it put down as an Airbnb cancellation