Hooking up Guesty to Quickbooks?

Jilayne0
Level 2
Charleston, SC

Hooking up Guesty to Quickbooks?

Does anyone use Guesty AND Quickbooks online? If so, what did you use to hook them up to one another? Interested to know what everyone likes for accounting software + management software. I'm trying to make the right choice at the beginning but am confused with all the options. 

5 Replies 5
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jilayne0 ! Welcome to the Community Center🌻

What an interesting question as a new Host and I believe many Hosts would be facing the same dilemma while thinking of choosing an account management software for their listings. 

Since you posted some time ago, I'm curious to to know how you're navigating through exploring an apt software per your requirements. Your insights would be beneficial to many Hosts. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika, 

I'm still figuring it out but decided to switch to IGMS and will be hooking that up to Quickbooks. Guesty didn't seem like the right choice for just one property. 

Thanks,

Jilayne 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing @Jilayne0 ! Please keep us posted of your experience with IGMS. Such discussions and insights help many new Hosts visiting our Community for tips. 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Jilayne0  Quickbooks isn't necessarily the right choice for just one property. You could use Quicken (cheaper, less complex) Simplifi (free) or just keep a spreadsheet. Quickbooks is expensive and is overkill for what you're doing. 

You could probably use whatever interface your bank has. Banks generally allow you to designate categories for your income and expenses in your accounts. 

STR finances are not all that complex. It's pretty simple tracking of income and expenses. I'm a bookkeeper....

Thank you for this info @Kia272 !! I will look at those and make a switch for sure. Appreciate your help!